Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/imhttp://[URL=http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/download/file.php?mode=view&id=1041g]www.atecaforums.co.uk/download/file.php?mode=view&id=1041g[/URL]]

Just drive down from Chesterfield Moor to Calver - easy! Sadly didnt get the same result on the way back.... Sorry for shaky photo, the one showing 71.4 is worse.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I hope this was worth the additional risk to the other people unfortunately sharing the road with you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You really shouldnt make assumptions - my wife took the pic! Apology accepted...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leon said:
Anteca said:
You really shouldnt make assumptions - my wife took the pic! Apology accepted...
Ahh! Does that mean your wife was driving then? :D
No, the wife wasn't driving, I'd let the dog have a go for a change.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice reply 😁😂🤣

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leon said:
I might try that then, see if I can get my mpg up a bit!!
They'll need a light paw on the pedal. And take care not to upset "the other people unfortunately sharing the road with you".... :roll:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Anteca said:
They'll need a light paw on the pedal. And take care not to upset "the other people unfortunately sharing the road with you".... :roll:
Thanks for the advice.....it wasn't me who made that comment. I hope you're more observant when you're driving. :lol:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I think I may have bettered that figure today. I managed to do 15 miles at 80mph using virtually no fuel!

There is a downhill stretch of motorway here that runs down from 3000ft to sea level. With the car in Eco drive mode the engine disengages drive and coasts at 800 rpm in neutral. The joys of a DSG box!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Leon said:
Anteca said:
Thanks for the advice.....it wasn't me who made that comment. I hope you're more observant when you're driving. :lol:
No Leon I know it wasn't you - you have a sense of humour...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fred99 said:
I think I may have bettered that figure today. I managed to do 15 miles at 80mph using virtually no fuel!

There is a downhill stretch of motorway here that runs down from 3000ft to sea level. With the car in Eco drive mode the engine disengages drive and coasts at 800 rpm in neutral. The joys of a DSG box!
Ah, but did you get your dog to take a picture?!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Jesus Anteca, some whiny people on here. How bored must you be that you can't take some information at face value without jumping to conclusions/down other people's throats!

Hilarious that Sidelight hasn't come back with the apology you deserve.. Oh well miserable people and all that!

Nice figures I've heard mixed figures in terms of fuel economy so nice to see that on a decent stretch the 1.4 can hit some good figures! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Anteca said:
Ah, but did you get your dog to take a picture?!
Sadly, no. He was too busy Googling dog food offers on his mobile :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NorthernRY said:
Jesus Anteca, some whiny people on here. How bored must you be that you can't take some information at face value without jumping to conclusions/down other people's throats!

Hilarious that Sidelight hasn't come back with the apology you deserve.. Oh well miserable people and all that!

Nice figures I've heard mixed figures in terms of fuel economy so nice to see that on a decent stretch the 1.4 can hit some good figures! Thanks for sharing
Oh well, its all good fun isnt it? Just have to recognise some folk lack emotional intelligence / a personality. As to mpg, I'm reasonably happy that I'm averaging around 42 which compares favourably, I think, with my diesel Leon 1.9 which averaged 47 mpg, and my diesel Ford C-Max 2.0 which gave me 39 mpg, so not bad for petrol really, though nowhere near the official figures. That said, I've never believed them anyway, usually assuming about 10mpg less overall than the published combined figure - usually its in the right ball-park. I wonder what mpg the dog would achieve long-term?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Fred99 said:

Hey! That's just darn cheating. :eek:

Let my dog drive today but, they stalled it 3 times and that was enough. :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
My dogs had a go too but the ride was a little ruff for my liking

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
You should have ordered the sunshine woof.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Saggy said:
My dogs had a go too but the ride was a little ruff for my liking
Frankly my dear, I don't give a Dalmation :lol:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good grief - what have I started.... :lol: :roll: ;) :) :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts