Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good question. Saggy looked again with a torch, no its not there. Question whether that button is on any Ateca's since its not on mine. I think it's not fitted to any Kesseys although that would mean a different internal moulding. Hmmmm

Anybody want to check theirs ?.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell

read higher up page 122

says something about pressing key twice
that's what I said a million posts ago .......

have another read and see what you think

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

I don't why it goes on to say about button on the door jamb when there isn't one though ?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I probable didn't like your solution :). I always had to do a double press on the Altea to open all doors probably thought it was on about that rather than double press lock. I altered the
way it unlocked, I know you won't be doing that, I never use the fod just the hand on the door. Wonder what happens to the mirrors, could turn the twiddly knob. I wonder if you locked it using the back handed method then double pressed lock it would do it, probably not. Have to practice in a remote car park. I suspect you might have to twiddle the mirrors in and then do the lock double press.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'll have a tenner bet with you Tell

One long touch on handle sensor to get mirrors moving and a second short one straight away ..... internal sensor off and mirrors in

·
Registered
581 Posts
Just been and checked and I do not have that button either!!

This key will take some getting used too.. on my old Ford key the buttons were the other way around..
Went to Morrisons earlier,. long pressed what I muscle memory thought was the lock the button as I walked away, to fold mirrors..
on the way up the travelator thing I looked out the windows at her, to see all the windows half down... :lol: and it presumably also unlocked...
Good job it wasn't raining today!!
Luckily I was still in range and re-locked it from up there!!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
they really don't seem to be good at their paperwork do they lol

wrong configs still live
issues with manual

shall we have an uprising and take over the company lol

·
Registered
581 Posts
Saggy said:
they really don't seem to be good at their paperwork do they lol

wrong configs still live
issues with manual

shall we have an uprising and take over the company lol
Dealer staff telling people things are range standard when they are not!!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Ghiggz said:
Just been and checked and I do not have that button either!!

This key will take some getting used too.. on my old Ford key the buttons were the other way around..
Went to Morrisons earlier,. long pressed what I muscle memory thought was the lock the button as I walked away, to fold mirrors..
on the way up the travelator thing I looked out the windows at her, to see all the windows half down... :lol: and it presumably also unlocked...
Good job it wasn't raining today!!
Luckily I was still in range and re-locked it from up there!!
thank heaven for long range key lol

on pics the phone buttons on steering wheel look opposite way to my skoda
I can see it being interesting and setting cruise control or something when I'm trying to make a call
may be different when RHD though

·
Registered
425 Posts
Jesus! ( I'm not a religious man) please! But WTF, why do you consistently need to turn stuff of when it works just great as it is ( apart from the things that don't work on the cars that weren't launch cars). Mine seems to work just fine as it is apparently :roll:
Did I mention that mine was a launch car? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Dougie said:
Jesus! ( I'm not a religious man) please! But WTF, why do you consistently need to turn stuff of when it works just great as it is ( apart from the things that don't work on the cars that weren't launch cars). Mine seems to work just fine as it is apparently :roll:
Dougie ................ it's if you leave dogs for 2 mins to nip back in house. they set off internal sensors

also on ferries you have to disable it

·
Registered
425 Posts
Saggy said:
Dougie said:
Dougie ................ it's if you leave dogs for 2 mins to nip back in house. they set off internal sensors

also on ferries you have to disable it
Well, until I get my deep boot liner ( on back order from the factory apparently) my labs are going nowhere near the car, and, everyone's alarm goes off on the ferry, doesn't it?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
I'll have a tenner bet with you Tell

One long touch on handle sensor to get mirrors moving and a second short one straight away ..... internal sensor off and mirrors in
Saggy I think you are indeed correct :p ; that's how I get my mirrors to fold when locking with the handle; you can do same with long & short press on locking button on fob. As for the button inside door pillar- there isn't one one mine. Some VW group cars do use that button however; our Polo has it, for example.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Just went outside to put bin bag in the wheelie bin, and happened to notice a red blinking LED going off on the passenger wing mirror, not on drivers side though..

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Evening mcderms :)

Tell will never admit it if it is right because I'm of the fairer sex ;)

I've had a car at some point I was told to do that and even now on yeti I find my self doing 2 presses as things become habit

Saves alarms in wind if my furry dice get swinging :d

There is actually a button in the yeti I saw tonight.
Only had it a year haha

I bet there is stuff people never know about their cars as they get more and more advanced :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Ghiggz said:
Just went outside to put bin bag in the wheelie bin, and happened to notice a red blinking LED going off on the passenger wing mirror, not on drivers side though..
Is that to say alarmed?

Yeti flashes red somewhere but can't remember where and not getting our warm bed to check lol

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ghiggz said:
Alarm LED Ghiggz ;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Ghiggz in the one flash or two to lock thread Tell waxes lyrical about it :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.