Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on this site since June of this year, so I thought it was time I told you my story and how some threads have been helpful in the decisions we have made.
My 2 daughters swim for a club and their county so we do travel around the country with large swim bags. A swim dad who is a Seat salesman in February talked about the Ateca and it being a good replacement the wife's Mercedes A class. I got Mercedes passes to the Belgium GP and on the way back to Calais we called in on a Seat dealer who had 4 Ateca's in the showroom so now for the first time we could see one for real. Once home our salesman friend had a new Leon in Lava blue and the wife seeing it said "that's the colour for the Ateca". So the grey I had in mind was out the window. There was a thread about the lava blue may not be a good colour but after seeing the pictures from "Wiz2003 - I've nearly got her" I was convinced it would look good.
So on the 20th Oct we ordered a 1.6 TDI SE Tech in lava blue, with dark rear windows, electric tailgate, spare wheel and the convenience pack. The dealer last Tuesday 6th Dec emailed me the paperwork to be signed and returned. They called on Wednesday 7th Dec to say it was on dockside. They called again on Monday 12th Dec saying it was at the dealership and when did I want it delivered. So delivery is tomorrow afternoon. Pictures will be forth coming after Sunday as we are off to France tomorrow evening.
I can't wait for it to arrive.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I've done the one of calling into a foreign dealer to see an early look although at the time it was out on a test drive so plans were dashed - not an Ateca. Then I've seen the prospective car go past on a transporter again on the continent - not an Ateca but good fun never the less. This time I became a Fleet owner for a day just to get an early view.

I'm sure it's going to be good and the boot is pretty big for the task. You may also find that sensor that stops it closing if it's fully stuffed without actually touching anything. Pretty sure it doesn't touch anything when it does the stall. Crush the bags down a bit and it closes. Grey well ;)... I wanted my old bronze - silver back but that wasn't to be.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That looks like a very good time frame... especially the 'dockside to dealer' time!

I am sure you will be delighted with your new car, and we will look forward to seeing some pictures, after the weekend!

Enjoy your trip to France in the meantime... that should give you some time to get used to her first!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Look forward to seeing your pics
Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Good news that the car is almost on the road!

Look forward also to seeing pictures - and welcome to the forum and the owner's 'club' :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Great news on the delivery of the ateca, gives me some hope that mine might get here sooner than stated dates, as only ordered a few days after yourself, though have ordered 1.4 engine, which there does seem to be a delay on.

·
Registered
118 Posts
alanl said:
I've been on this site since June of this year, so I thought it was time I told you my story and how some threads have been helpful in the decisions we have made.
My 2 daughters swim for a club and their county so we do travel around the country with large swim bags. A swim dad who is a Seat salesman in February talked about the Ateca and it being a good replacement the wife's Mercedes A class. I got Mercedes passes to the Belgium GP and on the way back to Calais we called in on a Seat dealer who had 4 Ateca's in the showroom so now for the first time we could see one for real. Once home our salesman friend had a new Leon in Lava blue and the wife seeing it said "that's the colour for the Ateca". So the grey I had in mind was out the window. There was a thread about the lava blue may not be a good colour but after seeing the pictures from "Wiz2003 - I've nearly got her" I was convinced it would look good.
So on the 20th Oct we ordered a 1.6 TDI SE Tech in lava blue, with dark rear windows, electric tailgate, spare wheel and the convenience pack. The dealer last Tuesday 6th Dec emailed me the paperwork to be signed and returned. They called on Wednesday 7th Dec to say it was on dockside. They called again on Monday 12th Dec saying it was at the dealership and when did I want it delivered. So delivery is tomorrow afternoon. Pictures will be forth coming after Sunday as we are off to France tomorrow evening.
I can't wait for it to arrive.
I really hope that you are pleased - the colour really has a character of its own.
We are very happy and everyone who sees it comments positively...
Looking forward to the pictures.......
Enjoy...
(I may have to ring the insurers to increase my annual mileage - I just love driving it)
If you are traveling via Dover, I am VERY close.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome to the forum and advise.

The grey I wanted was the Rodium Grey, I saw it on one in France along side a Black one and 2 White ones, and it looked smart against the lines of the car and its shape.
I have the electric tailgate on my car and find it so useful that it was the first option ticked. Thanks for the advise regarding the sensors.
Our family owns a Mercedes dealership and I know that MB dealers can either use the MB transporter delivery contract from port to dealership or they can put out a tender of their own. Under a MB contract when a dealer asks for a car the transport company has between 3-6 days to get it from the port to the dealership. My Ateca comes from the Birmingham dealership and I asked what their delivery was and was told 3-5 days, I was just lucky that they got it in 3 days.
I've just been mailed by the dealership saying its left them at 8am and its on its way to us (we live in Kent) ETA ia between 11 and 12 noon.

Will be intresting to see how much French wine and beer the boot will hold.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As promised here are some photos. After now seeing the blue on the car it's much better that in a photo. So, to all those who have or have ordered the Lava blue - good choice. When ours arrived, it was missing the SD card, but after calling the dealer they posted one and it arrived the next day. Everything works and the electric tailgate is easy once you get the hang of pushing your foot forward and then back. No side to side movement as that does not break the sensors beam. I feel a bit let down with the rain sensor wipers. On the 2 other cars, I have, the sensor determines when to sweep the window, so with very light rain the sweeps can be 30 seconds apart. On the Ateca the sweep is constant when switched on but can then be varied by the multi- function switch on top of the stalk. One function I found that I do like is that you can set the car to unlock just the driver's door or all doors via the key fob. We are still on our first tank of diesel so I'm sure will learn more about the car as I drive it and from the knowledgeable members this forum.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I find the auto wipers fine, sure you didn't click them one stop past auto so they went on intermittent. I've yet to see a blue one in the flesh, seen white and mato obviously rhodium grey. I could see myself having a blue one.

·
Registered
280 Posts
alanl said:
As promised here are some photos. After now seeing the blue on the car it's much better that in a photo. So, to all those who have or have ordered the Lava blue - good choice. When ours arrived, it was missing the SD card, but after calling the dealer they posted one and it arrived the next day. Everything works and the electric tailgate is easy once you get the hang of pushing your foot forward and then back. No side to side movement as that does not break the sensors beam. I feel a bit let down with the rain sensor wipers. On the 2 other cars, I have, the sensor determines when to sweep the window, so with very light rain the sweeps can be 30 seconds apart. On the Ateca the sweep is constant when switched on but can then be varied by the multi- function switch on top of the stalk. One function I found that I do like is that you can set the car to unlock just the driver's door or all doors via the key fob. We are still on our first tank of diesel so I'm sure will learn more about the car as I drive it and from the knowledgeable members this forum.
Thanks for posting the pictures... it certainly looks very smart!

Hope you \re enjoying your new car! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Montala we're enjoying the car so much so I've written a bit of an update.

For those interested our Ateca is 3 weeks old today.
It's covered 618 miles, and at 421 I had to fill the tank for the first time.
MPG on its first tank is 43mpg which will improve as the miles pile up.
We have had no issues with the car and we even got the hang of the electric tailgate straight away - the trick is to flick your foot under the bumper and back out.
Ours is on Falken tyres made in Thailand which I've never heard of before.
I've brought a car pack from Amazon which contains a warning triangle, Hi Vis jacket, fuse & Bulb pack as Seat don't supply anything, and I'm waiting for a boot liner to be delivered.
I've found it easy to drive and well planted on the road both around town and on the motorway. Sitting in it, it gives the impression of being a well built car, and the track is just wide enough to miss those speed bump squares that Kent councils like to use.
So far I'm happy and impressed with the car and every time I look at it I think it was a good decision to put off buying a new car for 9 months until the Ateca was release..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Previously someone christened it the "drop kick" method of opening, no names someone called it a foot wiggle. It's a drop kick. In and out and stand back.

Falken Tyres are produced by Sumitomo Rubber Industries a Japanese company which did a joint manufacturing / research arrangement with Dunlop / Goodyear. Essentially they are Goodyear Dunlop tyres. SRI started to severe their ties with Goodyear and have been buying Dunlop sport. Dunlop being a brand name. Dunlop is SRI in some parts of the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunlop_Tyres

Then Goodyear and SRI had a divorce in 2015 over the Dunlop brand name

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumitomo_Rubber_Industries

I used Falken tyres on my Altea for six or so years, may be longer, Protyres fit them. I found them fine and I'd seen them on my travels I had no issue in moving over to them.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Will have to check the dance steps for that one ;).

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I didn't have one to have tried when I said foot wiggle thingy ......... and then the term seemed to get a life of its own lol :shock:

great pics Alan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.