Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Seat Customer Services this morning. I have a confirmed build week 25 (w/c 19th June) and delivery week to dealer estimated as week 34 (w/c 1st August). However, the factory shuts for 2 weeks in the summer, so if it missed w/c 1st August, it would be w/c 15th August worst case. I asked about cars waiting at the port for a full load and he said that was factored in to the delivery dates.

Summary
  • Ordered - 24th April
  • Confirmed Build Week 25 (w/c 19th June)
  • Best Case Delivery week 34 (w/c 1st August)
  • Worst Case Delivery week (w/c 15th August)

Based on others's experiences, how confident should I be of those dates now?

Cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
That's great news. Do you need anything from the dealer to enable you to contact Seat directly? I've not heard from them since placing the order although they did tell me they'd contact me 'in about 10 days' to update me on likely dates.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
luca said:
That's great news. Do you need anything from the dealer to enable you to contact Seat directly? I've not heard from them since placing the order although they did tell me they'd contact me 'in about 10 days' to update me on likely dates.
Hi Luca
No you don't need any special permission. I was much the same as you - occasionally asking the dealer who was helpful. However, I had seen that others here had also phoned Seat Customer Services. So I sent Seat a Contact message from their webpage on Sunday but had no reply, so just called them today and the guy was very helpful. Their number is 0808-5222222.

Good luck!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks, I'll give them a call and see what they say!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Accord2Ateca said:
I called Seat Customer Services this morning. I have a confirmed build week 25 (w/c 19th June) and delivery week to dealer estimated as week 34 (w/c 1st August). However, the factory shuts for 2 weeks in the summer, so if it missed w/c 1st August, it would be w/c 15th August worst case. I asked about cars waiting at the port for a full load and he said that was factored in to the delivery dates.

Summary
  • Ordered - 24th April
  • Confirmed Build Week 25 (w/c 19th June)
  • Best Case Delivery week 34 (w/c 1st August)
  • Worst Case Delivery week (w/c 15th August)

Based on others's experiences, how confident should I be of those dates now?

Cheers
If that build week is a confirmed build week then the factory has locked it down and those timings are about right. If it's unconfirmed then it can shift.

So sounds like great news!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I called Seat Customer Services and they found my order, which is reassuring at least!

No build week yet (yes, I know it's a bit early for that!), but the assistant I spoke to said to estimate a 15-17 week wait until delivery, AND add another 4 weeks due to extremely high demand for the 1.4 TSI DSG engine. That would mean mid to late October delivery or thereabouts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Accord2ateca you did well as i ordered on 3/05/17 a 1.4TSI Xcellence DSG Lava Blue with park tailgate tower & spare left it 4 weeks went back to the dealer and they said i had a build week of 38 so would not see the car till October so cancelled the order and went to another dealer and took there show room car details below

·
Registered
526 Posts
Sounds similar to mine A2A

Dates n BW in my sig but Seat UK and my dealer seem to have different opinions on how long it takes to deliver the car post build.

BW 22 is wc 29th May. Then 2 weeks to build and 6 weeks to deliver said Seat, so end Jul. Dealer reckons 4 to 5 weeks after BW22 and reckons early to mid Jul. Go figure!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The plot thickens. So much for a "confirmed build date", it turns out it isn't. I got the confirmed build date from Seat Customer Services yesterday. I had called them because they had not replied to the email I had sent on Sunday. However, Seat called me today, in response to that email. They gave me the same build week (25) but said that it was not yet confirmed - so could come forwards or go backwards :(

Now I understand what everyone is saying about conflicting information. At least, they are talking about the same week .... for the moment.

A2A

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just had my build week 'confirmed' to be week 25/26 for delivery to Italy. My dealer also mentioned the factory close down in July which could add further delay if we don't get built before the shut down. He is still confident of a late July early Aug Delivery, I'm not so sure. He did emphasize again that I will get the 2018 model with a few extras and a saving of 650 euros on new list price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts