Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left Caravanners R Us on Facebook because there were too many pedantic and childish arguments amongst 'members'. It seems this forum is the same. There are some people on here who just want to berate the Ateca, and other members, and after only a few days here I'm getting tired of it.

What is it with online forums nowadays where people go online and post stuff just to wind other people up?

And I've still got a few months wait to take delivery......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Sorry nourishment that you feel like that as with any family you will occasionally have a tiff but most of the time you make up or at least learn to put up with each other ;) You need to persevere with this one as honestly you will not find a better source of in depth knowledge and answers to any Ateca question or problem. We seem solve ones even SEAT themselves can't answer on their websites or in the manuals. It does help to pass the months you have to wait for your car and definitely builds your excitement :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
I'd give you a group hug nourishment, but not in the front passenger seat ;).

My view is the Ateca isn't perfect and it's crazy to think that it is. Then some people try to beat you up since they believe it is. My feeling is since I bought mine cash, I've paid for it so I don't have emotional ties to it since I don't see it as a monthly financial drain. I treat it as a DSLR aware of its limitations and when the picture starts to vignette on the edge say so. If I keep it for 10 years plus I'll still be around when the others have left (like the Seat Altea board) or I might get tempted by the Ateca Plus in a couple of years time which hopefully will offer more comfort and space or stay put. If it had Alcantara seats, 5 seater, space of the Kodiaq but looked like the Ateca stretched I'd buy it. We'll see. As they say you can't take it with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
As with everything everyone will have a view and they are right to voice that opinion. Sometimes we may agree other times we won't but you have to understand and respect their view. It is their experience and is valid. These forums are all about contrasting views which engage good and structured discussion. If we all had the same view then forums would very boring. It should never get personal but there should always be respect linked with some good humoured banter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
I am also on the verge of binning this forum off. It is boring in the extreme watching grown men follow a poster around a forum. Then they have the nerve to call that poster "tedious".

Some people have views that we don't like, but it is very easy to read over them and I see things like this on every forum I go on.

When 8 of your last 10 posts are about "TT" I think the irony is lost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
I quiet agree with you nourishment. Unfortunately all forums follow the real world pattern and have a mix of people, some are good, some are bad. The same with views on this car ;)
There is an element of some childish behaviour by a group of people which can be tiresome and uninformative but just click on by. There is also plenty of good advice also.
Many of us haven't even got our cars yet but are still able to offer helpful advice. This will only get better as the number of cars on the road expand.

Welcome to the forum :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Sorry nourishment that you feel like that as with any family you will occasionally have a tiff but most of the time you make up or at least learn to put up with each other ;) You need to persevere with this one as honestly you will not find a better source of in depth knowledge and answers to any Ateca question or problem. We seem solve ones even SEAT themselves can't answer on their websites or in the manuals. It does help to pass the months you have to wait for your car and definitely builds your excitement :D
Have to agree wholeheartedly with this Kindness. Personally I think the strengths of the forum are around owner's experiences and the answers and suggestions they give. Plus I like to see some humour, it can be a dry and dusty area otherwise. I have been irritated by the occasional pedant who patronises posters as if only they have an opinion that counts and will continue to espouse said opinion til the cows come home, I have also had someone take me to task for apparently taking photos of my speedo while I was driving, when it was my wife (or was it the dog?) who took the picture - what was that all about? Still, it takes all sorts. Liquorice that is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
I had already stopped bothering on here once just around Christmas and only about a month after my delivery, due to just being fed up with reading through page upon page of inane self righteous waffle from someone whose post count is about 5-6 times the next nearest poster, and about 10-15-20 times that of the average member..
That stat alone says it all!!

I had a drunken rant one night and fled!!

Ended up finding my way back in the new year, but starting to get bored by the waffling, moaning, and self righteousness, conceited points of view again!!

Having just read they intend being around another ten years, I shudder to think what their post count will be, or how many backs they will have got up by then???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Ghiggz said:
I had already stopped bothering on here once just around Christmas and only about a month after my delivery, due to just being fed up with reading through page upon page of inane self righteous waffle from someone whose post count is about 5-6 times the next nearest poster, and about 10-15-20 times that of the average member..
That stat alone says it all!!

I had a drunken rant one night and fled!!

Ended up finding my way back in the new year, but starting to get bored by the waffling, moaning, and self righteousness, conceited points of view again!!

Having just read they intend being around another ten years, I shudder to think what their post count will be, or how many backs they will have got up by then???
Ghiggz - don't go! I could have posted a youtube link to Yazoo here but decided agin' it - some folk get upset by that sort of thing. Oh what the hell...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
nourishment said:
What is it with online forums nowadays where people go online and post stuff just to wind other people up?
:lol: Forgive me for finding that a funny comment, but people have been winding each other up since Adam and Eve. And it's not just us humans - two folk brought dogs along to our weekend run - one dog spent the whole afternoon trying to wind the other up.

I guess if it bothers you then it's probably best to stop reading forums because they're all like that. You could of course swap your interests to politics which is full of intelligent debate... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
nourishment said:
What is it with online forums nowadays where people go online and post stuff just to wind other people up?
:lol: Forgive me for finding that a funny comment, but people have been winding each other up since Adam and Eve. And it's not just us humans - two folk brought dogs along to our weekend run - one dog spent the whole afternoon trying to wind the other up.

I guess if it bothers you then it's probably best to stop reading forums because they're all like that. You could of course swap your interests to politics which is full of intelligent debate... :lol:
:lol: :lol:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top