Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following a side conversation with Kindness last week where he fitted his wifes Skoda scraper to his car in the provided slot with picture and a ta dah.

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=664&start=30

Obtained the part cost effectively by ordering from a Skoda locals parts department, £2-34 and picked up today (avoids hefty postage since it's part of the dealers parts distribution this way):

Part number

5E08675759B9

Can now enjoy what Skoda owners have, and store it in the slot provided.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/hotspotdetail?HotspotName=Rapid+-+Ice+scraper&Page=exterior&WebID=b77b14e6-0640-432f-be65-75539afb3c66

Great minds think a like from the editor of Fleetworld in October 2016 said

Our long-term Ateca has a slot under the filler flap for Skoda's ice scraper. If it was my car, I'd be visiting a Skoda parts dept for one.
There you go the car is now complete:
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kindness, they will sell it to you I'm sure.

I was a bit worried whether they might come in different sizes for different Skoda's and I'd got the wrong part number from running back from your sites you put up, but no, all fine.

I suspect that fuel flap is going to be used or is used on other Skoda's produced by the factory so just kept the part and design or alternatively the whole of the Ateca design after the sketches was turned over to the Czech factory and they executed it's implementation and just naturally had the scraper holder designed in. The scraper says in little letters at the bottom Skoda, can live with that.

The sales guy was churping on the phone about the electric parking brake, trafic sign recognition, top view etc sweet talking a Kodiaq to someone. I was going to say got all that. The Kodiaq brochure side view gives a hint of what the big Ateca brother will look like, stretched. The brochure is interesting since rather than giving all the menu options of the Ateca it's served up as Kodiaq S, SE, SE L, Edition. It's probably like Czech stew, the Edition has everything in it, S is more watery, less meat :). They have a shark fin aerial. My Skoda excitement for the day.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The assembly of the Ateca fuel flap is shown here

http://nemiga.com/cat_spares/etka/seat/at/893/809500/

So it's part (1)

575 809 702 - without fuel spillage drain
575 809 702 A - with fuel spillage drain

Flap (2) connects to it, so commonality will be through part (1). Checking that part (1) it is only currently used in the Ateca. Perhaps it will turn up on the Kodiaq and Yeti II or just their parts spec built it as a Skoda part.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you aren't removing bird muck with it there is always dog muck on shoes or stones in the wheel or enjoy the aesthetics. I spray the side windows and use a better one and the front, back and mirrors are on the heated system. Think I'll use it for digging out stones in the tyres saving my nails. The secret patented method for bird much removal is the one in the boot and a twigg for the dog muck. The one up the front for ice on the sides. Sorted.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My feeling exactly and you never know. As said I think you can probably flick stones out of the tyre with it at minimum. When my heated wing mirror wasn't working I did notice the odd shape of the Ateca mirror prevents you getting a decent wide scraper in it, enter fuel cap scraper. 100 and 1 uses... and it's colour coordinated :).

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Probably like buying the little model car gives you a warm feeling, stand it on the mantel piece to enjoy till the car arrives.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It is nice in green thou although does say Skoda. Begs the question of whether other Seat's will adopt this arrangement. I'd assumed the VW Skoda facility just ordered a common part into the factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts