Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies but could not find the old post in regards to the skids ice scraper fitting the Ateca, but while I was at my dealer this morning I had a walk over to their skoda showroom and asked about the scraper and they sold me one for £2.40. They needed to order one in but gave me one of one of their show cars instead.

Result

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
There is an actual red SEAT one mentioned in one of the accessories catalogues on a seat.com website, can't remember where exactly. I havent however managed to find it to buy :?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Think that was on an East European site from memory.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got one from my local dealer Duff Morgan it was £5 including vat

·
Registered
979 Posts
atecapad said:
Got one from my local dealer Duff Morgan it was £5 including vat
Are you talking about the red SEAT one or a green Skoda one?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I was going to ask that but £5, I'd have the half price nice green Skoda one. Available from all Skoda dealers, just phone up with the part number and collect when it comes in.

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Collecting my Seat branded one on Saturday when my car goes in for its spare key!

I've been charged £4.50 but for the sake of a few quid I would prefer the Seat one over the Skoda one seeing I drive a Seat!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
;)... it has its novelty value.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Jonny said:
Collecting my Seat branded one on Saturday when my car goes in for its spare key!

I've been charged £4.50 but for the sake of a few quid I would prefer the Seat one over the Skoda one seeing I drive a Seat!
Second that, Jonny !
Key issue been a while sorting out, but your compen for the hassle would apparently buy a good few red SEAT ice scrapers :lol: :lol:
However, only one is required........

·
Registered
218 Posts
mcderms said:
Jonny said:

Second that, Jonny !
Key issue been a while sorting out, but your compen for the hassle would apparently buy a good few red SEAT ice scrapers :lol: :lol:
It's taken a while, however I hope the end is in sight! As well as sorting out the missing key, I have a rattle on the drivers side of the dash that needs investigating and some loose stitching on one of the seats! I answer to the name of lucky!! :roll:

After what I experienced you would have thought they would have given me the ice scraper for free! With my hefty discount and significant compo I think Seat/my dealer made a loss on my deal so the are trying to squeeze every penny from me now!!

G

·
mcderms said:
Depends on where you live. ;) Sometimes I find the fuel flap covered in some much ice, that I would need an ice scraper to get access to the ice scraper. :lol: So I'm gonna have one inside the car, too.

·
Registered
931 Posts
The definition of irony - the majority of people on this thread who've bought / want to buy ice scrappers forked out £335 for a heated windscreen. :lol:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
The definition of irony - the majority of people on this thread who've bought / want to buy ice scrappers forked out £335 for a heated windscreen. :lol:
Can't use the heated windscreen for your side windows I'm afraid so still need a scraper

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've just collected my Seat branded ice scraper (and spare key!!) :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
:mrgreen: going to have to pop to my dealers and order one me thinks :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
Abdn_lass said:
Can't use the heated windscreen for your side windows I'm afraid so still need a scraper
'
I use the little buttons on the drivers armrest that open/close windows.

Seriously, why bother with a heated windscreen if you're already outside scrapping the windows? Makes no sense whatsoever. :lol:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
Abdn_lass said:
'
I use the little buttons on the drivers armrest that open/close windows.

Seriously, why bother with a heated windscreen if you're already outside scrapping the windows? Makes no sense whatsoever. :lol:
Haha well my previous car wasn't great with that. Plus heated screen melts snow and can dimistt your window. Plus my arms aren't long enough to reach the centre to scrape the window properly. Plus I'm just lazy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts