Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ateca forum!
I'm not an experienced member of such a group, so I hope I don't break too many rules with my first post...

I've just picked up my 2022 Ateca FR 2.0tdi 150hp DSG. Only delivery miles (10km) when I picked it up. Strictly speaking, second-hand - thus enabling the price to be not as crazy as in the dealer lists. And I only had to wait 4 weeks for delivery!
I live in France and the car was sourced via Italy, so the FR trim is a bit different from UK. It has 360deg cameras, boot opening with a wiggly-foot, digital cockpit, 19" wheels, ambient lighting, ACC, lane assist, etc, but no heated seats and no adjustable boot floor.
A major reason for choosing it is the panoramic sunroof. And it's a gorgeous Velvet Red.
First impressions are excellent. For instance, the possibilities offered via the 'digital cockpit' are truly incredible in their range.

But I have two early queries (this is probably the wrong area to ask, so I'm happy to re-ask them in a different thread. Just say the word...).
One: The car came with a handbook in Italian. No problem in finding an English one of course. But that was all the documentation that I got. Can I ask: what documentation does a new Ateca come with in the UK?
Two: in a similar vein: is there a detailed manual for the navigation system, for instance in modifying which POI's will show up along a route? (I'm happy to play with the system, but I'm a bit of an old fogey RTFM sort of guy...)

Thanks for the Forum, thanks for having me!
GGr

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well i can answer the question "Can I ask: what documentation does a new Ateca come with in the UK?" because i asked the very same question a few weeks ago when i received my new Ateca. I received the owners manual and a solitary flyer providing a dire warning about the dangers of ingesting Adblue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i can answer the question "Can I ask: what documentation does a new Ateca come with in the UK?" because i asked the very same question a few weeks ago when i received my new Ateca. I received the owners manual and a solitary flyer providing a dire warning about the dangers of ingesting Adblue.
Thanks for your response, topazz. Haha, yes, I forgot to mention the Adblue info! So nothing on the navigation system or 'multimedia' at all, it seems.
I think it's weird that the car buyer is expected to faff around in the depths of the (often clumsily arranged) menus and submenus. The Ateca looks much better overall than my previous Peugeot 2008 multimedia dog'sbreakfast, but an exhaustive online repository explaining all features would be a useful resource, no?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think it's weird that the car buyer is expected to faff around in the depths of the (often clumsily arranged) menus and submenus. An exhaustive online repository explaining all features would be a useful resource, no?
Agree entirely. The support provided for what is a complicated suite of electronics is inadequate and smacks of penny pinching. Other manufacturers do it better. Perhaps VAG owners are happy to accept multiple visits to a dealer to sort these sort of things out but it's new to me. In fairness, after a couple of days of ploughing through the manual, Googling and head scratching it all starts making some sense but it's much harder work than it needs to be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts