Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been to see my new Ateca that arrived at my dealer yesterday.

I have noticed that it has two indicator stalks to the left of the steering wheel even though I didn't order ACC!

Does anyone else have a separate stalk for cruise control that doesn't have ACC? I mentioned it to my dealer and none of their other Ateca's (including Xcellence models) had this second stalk.

My Ateca has all of my other factory fitted options on the car that I can visibly see. The only option I haven't been able to check is the driving assistance pack 2 as this isn't easy to check as the car is still in transport mode so the dealer is going to check it out during the week.

I just hope they haven't fitted ACC instead of the driver assistance pack 2!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would be inclined to quietly take the car away and see what you've got. If it has something extra then sit down and think about it ........ for a few years :). If there are bits of your ordered spec missing then shout from the rooftops.
Don't feel bad about taking something extra that you haven't paid for. It will cost more to fix than the original cost. :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
That's the standard cruise control 'stick'. If the other Xcellence models don't have it, where is their cruise control? I don't have ACC but I do have the same set up that you have.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They won't be able to take it off now I've seen it (and I won't be paying for it!) - I was more concerned that something that I ordered is missing!

My dealer showed me the system they ordered my car on and the spec is correct on it. How can a specification mistake be made with such sophisticated computer systems these days?!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other Xcellence models look like they have cruise control on the actual indicator stalk.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Indicator/ main beam on upper stick, cruise control on lower stick. Your car has not been built incorrectly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The left hand stalk controls the indicators, dipped / main beam & the cruise control.
Cruise control is activated by a small flick switch on top of the stalk, speed is varied by a rocker switch on the end of the stalk.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On my car there isn't a switch on top of the indicator stalk.

The car in the showroom has the switch you are referring to, however it doesn't have the second stalk underneath it that my car has!

Can anyone that has this second stalk upload a photo of it so that I can see if any other Areca owners that didn't order ACC have this second stalk?

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
My Xcellence has the third stalk (lower left ) like yours, but it doesn't have ACC. The tell-tail sign is that if the car has ACC, it has the word "Distance" printed at the top of the third stalk.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've just found this image on google and my Ateca has a stalk like what can be seen at about 9 o'clock on the steering wheel.

What is this for if I don't have ACC?

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Dasalias.

I wonder why some have CC on the actual indicator stalk and others have this additional stalk?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Jonny said:
They won't be able to take it off now I've seen it (and I won't be paying for it!) - I was more concerned that something that I ordered is missing!

My dealer showed me the system they ordered my car on and the spec is correct on it. How can a specification mistake be made with such sophisticated computer systems these days?!!
The day after ordering our Leon in 2014 to our delight the dealer called to tell us there was a ready built car matching our spec already in the uk. When we collected it three weeks later it turned out it had everything we ordered plus a convienience pack, front parking sensors and a space saver spare wheel free of charge, needless to say we didnt complain! :D

I guess perhaps sometimes if there is a ready built car that matches your spec and has a few extra bits it's just easier to allocate it rather than build a whole new car, perhaps this is what happened in your case?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No my car was factory built for me as I have tracked it throughout the build and shipping process!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Jonny said:
No my car was factory built for me as I have tracked it throughout the build and shipping process!
Fair enough, Good old fashioned human error at work then :)

Well I hope there is nothing missing that you ordered then mate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking at the manual, there seems to be two systems, the 2nd stalk CLS & the 3rd stalk CLS, both seem to be correct, why this is I haven't got a clue.
Only thing I can think is that certain packs need more functionality hence the need for the 3rd stalk.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I can't see why there would be a seperate stalk for the basic CCS as they have incorporated it into the indicator stalk on previous models. ACC is very different as it needs a more positive ability to increase/decrease speed and to go into standby/resume as these will be both used far more than you would on CCS and to change the distance between you and the car in front. In fact the two systems are like chalk and cheese.

When you have the driver assist features, the button on the end of the indicator stalk is needed so that you can display and switch on/off the different options on the MFD rather than have to go into the Infotainment screen to do it. On the basic models, the end of the indicator stalk is used for the CCS.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Thommo said:
The left hand stalk controls the indicators, dipped / main beam & the cruise control.
Cruise control is activated by a small flick switch on top of the stalk, speed is varied by a rocker switch on the end of the stalk.
this is how mine is too

·
Registered
931 Posts
Jonny said:
Does anyone else have a separate stalk for cruise control that doesn't have ACC? I mentioned it to my dealer and none of their other Ateca's (including Xcellence models) had this second stalk.
I'm confused reading this thread. Are you saying you asked your dealer what that stalk is for and your dealer didn't know? :shock:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Saggy said:
Thommo said:
this is how mine is too
And mine :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts