Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this before? I got into car, turned on engine then radio. The radio started playing fine on the 1st DAB station. An advert came on and I went to change stations on the steering wheel button only to find it wouldn't change. :evil: I tried the buttons on the touch screen and same thing. I tried changing to media on my phone through Bluetooth but the radio continued to play and the word error came up in small writing where it normally has source :? So I though ahh sod it would just leave it. A good song came on so I tried turning the volume up on steering wheel and nothing changed. tried on control knob and again no change. I then noticed it let me turn volume down but not up again, so ended with no volume :eek: Tried turning radio off and on a few times but no change. Got home and turned engine off and radio, opened door to make sure & tried again but no difference. Came in house for 5 mins then back out. Turned on engine then radio. Noticed no SEAT booting screen just straight to radio, however everything working again. :roll:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Quite common really - doesn't matter who's system it is, the software gets it's knickers in a twist now and again. As the IT department will tell you - "have you tried REBOOT'ing?"

Not sure what the procedure is for rebooting - it'll be in the manual I'm sure.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Golfmk56 said:
Quite common really - doesn't matter who's system it is, the software gets it's knickers in a twist now and again. As the IT department will tell you - "have you tried REBOOT'ing?"

Yeah I'm from the IT department, and that's the first thing you learn :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm in 3rd line support, the only difference is we reboot with more flamboyance ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Try this

Long press on the On / Off button.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell said:
Try this

Long press on the On / Off button.
Good find again Tell, that's how to reboot the damn thing :D It's only happened the once since getting but worth knowing that trick.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just tried it and yep it does a reboot :D I left that video run to the end and another one started about the hidden service menu on VW golfs so thought I would try that as well. Not sure if anyone has already mentioned it before but if you hold down the menu button you get this menu with lots of info and lets you update the system via SD card, USB or CD :eek:

Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gadget Auto part

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's good to know. But I'm sure I'll forget that by the time I need to know it! Thanks tell and kindness71

·
Registered
341 Posts
Kindness71 said:
I've just tried it and yep it does a reboot :D I left that video run to the end and another one started about the hidden service menu on VW golfs so thought I would try that as well. Not sure if anyone has already mentioned it before but if you hold down the menu button you get this menu with lots of info and lets you update the system via SD card, USB or CD :eek:

infomenu.jpg
If you look in the SEAT Leon mk3 forum, there was a load of links to update the nav units firmware, on my old car I was never brace enough to do so! Have bad memories of updating a old Nikon SLR which went wrong!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The celebrated green service menu on these units (MIB2) can only be got via Obdeleven and VCDS in one form or another which is the ultimate backend. I havent tried it since I didn't want to mess my unit up. What I would like to do is copy files from the SSD out. I haven't come across that mind you. Some people might have noted some success reported on map updates on the other forum by hacking one particular file on the SD and exchanging it with the update download, but if you got the SSD that file will be in the unit rather than the original SD card.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Golfmk56 said:

Yeah I'm from the IT department, and that's the first thing you learn :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm in 3rd line support, the only difference is we reboot with more flamboyance ;)
3rd Line support and in Newcastle, we have more in common than you first thought.

You're at sage aren't you? One of our telephony lads went to work there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
GTunney said:
Kindness71 said:
Golfmk56 said:

3rd Line support and in Newcastle, we have more in common than you first thought.

ha I'm at P&G - loads of our staff went to Sage recently and most are now not enjoying it from what i've heard., but the IT support seems to sounds the same wherever you work....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Howie669 said:
GTunney said:
Kindness71 said:

ha I'm at P&G - loads of our staff went to Sage recently and most are now not enjoying it from what i've heard., but the IT support seems to sounds the same wherever you work....
Ours always go Balfour Beatty, Sage, HP or Home Group :lol:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GTunney said:
Ours always go Balfour Beatty, Sage, HP or Home Group :lol:
Yeah quite a few left here to go to HP and also Virgin money ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
jamesiow said:
Kindness71 said:

infomenu.jpg
If you look in the SEAT Leon mk3 forum, there was a load of links to update the nav units firmware, on my old car I was never brace enough to do so! Have bad memories of updating a old Nikon SLR which went wrong!
They appear to have made some progress on the SD cards which may be why Seat UK wants to be more accommodating on providing Mapcare. That breakthrough was in the last two month or so after a very long period, like since 2013. That seems to have been achieved via understanding the files used although you would think like sat TV, once it's cracked it will be changed so you can't do it. If Mapcare was provided at a decent price or even free as it is for some manufacturers everybody would be happy :). Since I opted for the Navigation Plus I'd need to access the file off the SSD, don't know how to do that at the moment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts