Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any help ? SEAT Ateca SUV Sat Nav System updates | SEAT UK
Please follow these steps to check your SEAT Ateca Navigation System: Press the “NAV” Button > Confirm the “Setup” > “Version information” selection on the display.
Check the first text line in "Version information". If the first three digits are 6P0, your system version is the "Navi System - 6P0". If not, your system is the "Navi System Plus".
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have seen the link.

I can see what version (20.3) of the map is in the car but can't tell what version the downloaded update is, see pic 1.

The infotainment system is the 9.2" touch screen version without any buttons.

Vehicle Car Automotive design Gadget Personal luxury car

Cheers

Dave.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My understanding is that our updates come OTA (over the air). We can't update the maps via SD card from the website. My screen is the same as yours except that the Nav database version is 22.3. I could also be wrong in that you have to have Seat Connect set up to get the updates.
Hi,
No SD card in our model, the Seat website (New SEAT Ateca Navi System map updates | SEAT) states that you download the update onto a USB drive, put that in the car and leave it connected, the system then updates in the background over the next few journeys. What I can not find out is what version is the download is or when has it finished updating. I do not want to have to use the Seat Connect as after the first year you have to pay to for a subscription.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If its the facelift Ateca then the only way to update the maps is over the air.
To get this you need Seat Connect set up. Can get it free for the first year after that its £125 for a year.
I dont find the App much use but you did get information on road traffic and routing round delays as well as road works.
I did not renew after the free year, will probably have to pay some time to get latest map updates.

Not very good as other makes give you life time updates and you could do it yourself with the pre facelift.
On the Seat website it states that you can update (2021 on) by downloading the update file, put it on a usb, insert that into the car and it will update as you drive automatically. Does not seem to want to do it. I can't find the option in Seat Connect so I am extracting the update file - .tar files are a compressed format - so I will see what happens once I have done that which will take some time as the file is 28gb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts