Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been meaning to ask this for a while; and maybe it depends on whether you have Navi system, or Navi Plus - maybe not?

Anyway, in many of the pictures of the Ateca, e.g. in brochures and promo materials, and in videos I've seen, the format of the menu system appears as 'tiles' - and I don't mean using Full link, Apple Car Play or Android Auto - just what would appear when pressing the 'Menu' button on the unit.

In mine, it is a "revolving carousel" that appears, not the "tile" layout for selection.

Does anyone know if the tile layout is only on non-UK models, or is it to do with having Navi or Navi Plus.....or just random?

I get that sometimes brochures, pictures etc. are often used across different markets, so maybe some things I've seen are just incorrect for the UK market; for the record I'd prefer the "tile" layout ! :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Nate said:
It's a setting. Either you choose tiles or a carousel
wow yeah never noticed that setting :eek: Mcderms go give it a try. I would but doing blummin work stuff :cry:

View attachment 631

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
To hell with work this more important :D Just popped out an yep it works. Menu, setting then screen button lets you change to tiles. Much more modern looking than the carousel :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Nate & Kindness - will pop out in my pyjamas & give it a go :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must spend more time getting into the details of what can be adjusted / set to preferences! Only had the thing since end of October :lol: :lol:

EDIT - Now done! Thanks guys :D :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'm naked so I'm not popping out to change mine but thanks coz I don't like the swirly screen :mrgreen:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I suspect I'm tiled and I did it the first day. The albums can get stacked if you look at them that way.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Saggy said:
I'm naked so I'm not popping out to change mine but thanks coz I don't like the swirly screen :mrgreen:
:eek: :shock: :oops:

Hope your in bed not just sitting watching the TV like that :shock:

Anyway once you change it to tile it looks like in the brochure. Hooray

View attachment 631

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yes but you use the hot buttons either side rather than pick it off the screen. I think that's for the car play etc (the bottom right button) you end up in the tiled / rotating screen since there isn't a hot button or otherwise shortcut.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Tell said:
Yes but you use the hot buttons either side rather than pick it off the screen. I think that's for the car play etc (the bottom right button) you end up in the tiled / rotating screen since there isn't a hot button or otherwise shortcut.
Not sure what you mean Tell? I know you can use the physical buttons at the sides but find these on screen ones easier to use while driving than using the carousel or the physical ones :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I was in bed lol

And I only said it coz MackyD said he was in his Jim jams :oops:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Saggy said:
TMI...TMI :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.