Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would start a topic where people can post and talk about the surge of videos that are / will be appearing.

Heres the first. Shows off the interesting parking and blind spot detection:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm quite interested to know when they are going to book their TV advertising time but given I don't watch commercial channels they may already be screening them. Booking the the slots will mean they are taking orders and discounting.

I'm going to check all the boxes myself although one does have concerns about how reliable the electronics will be. There are many more things to go wrong so whilst my Altea's cruise control doesn't work they have a built in flaw of the switch getting dirty and needing cleaning regularly, the radio turns it's self on if you don't have a CD in it when left overnight or at any time. The AC stops working when it over heats the fuse distorting the plastic and the way it fits. All of these things I know about and deal with, new car, new potential set of issues to pick up and sort out. Some, one suspects, could have a more marked consequence of immobilisation rather than a niggle which you sort out or live with.

BTW there is a bit of materiel where the phone sits down for charging which the guy flipped out and put back. I did wonder whether you could stick a suction pad their to hold a phone or whether the heat if any from the charging area, would cause the pad to drop off. All rests on whether I abandon using a smartphone for navigation and use the cars, probably will. Mind you on the production model that bit of materiel could be stuck down. I also saw netting on the left of the boot where you recess bottles to hold in place in a video, front left boot, that wasn't there in the car I saw. Stuff would have just rolled about.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Tell said:
I'm quite interested to know when they are going to book their TV advertising time but given I don't watch commercial channels they may already be screening them. Booking the the slots will mean they are taking orders and discounting.
I don't watch a lot of live TV but I've not seen anything yet. Only just started to see VW adverts. Strangely I do see a lot of adverts for the Audi R8, I'm assuming that is some sort of brand building exercise more than anything though!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Here are several on the Infotainment system..

This dwells on the 4x4 DSG display and car play:

This set are from Seat Austria

General Introduction to the Infotainment System:

Media Mode:

On WLAN option I believe if it's like the VWs, which it will be, it has built in WiFi if configured to client mode you can access a connected WLAN DNLA server. That's when they mention WLAN on the media service mode it's going to connect up to a DNLA server or servers. This is where you can connect up to your mobile via this route. It's supported on Android more than iOS. The other application of this would be to connect up to your home network whilst you're washing your car to get access to your own DNLA server(s). On that same built in WiFi you get access to a built in weather app in client mode.

Phone mode:

Navigation mode:

Radio mode:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nice video. Shame I didn't win the trip to Barcelona! Quite fancy having a go at that course in a 4x4 version. Probably would have resulted in me going crazy with the tech packs though. The top down parking looks cool. Helps keep the alloys pristine in real life, perhaps not much else..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The latter I'm going to use on the kerb since I lean across opening the passenger door, have another wiggle, looking at it via the screen will be luxury. I'm not sure about the automated parking, the issue round here is getting it out after you get trapped - hence I won't park where I could get trapped. I can see the automated parking is handy where a parking space isn't the way round you normally do it. So like if that was the only place you could park in a lot I can see one would do it.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
This is a comprehensive video

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Party front lights

Not too sure when you use the front strobe, is it legal in the UK?. Continental flash that us Brits don't do. Wonder if that's activated from the flash control, probably to give the white light strobe ?.

The guys main video is good.

Gives you a quick tour round the controls plus another one of the top view camera.

[URL=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii7HHOZB_48]

I seem to have bought a lot of chrome effect in the car cabin which will need cleaning worst luck on the Xcellence.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Why would anyone need the party lights? Merely to show off the cool LED lights?? Having said that, I am glad the full LED option came in the first edition, they do look nice and improve visability.

Chrome in the interior will probably be a finger print magnet, but it does lift the look of the interior. Looks more expensive. Cabin look and feel has been one of the best reviewed things about it, when compared to its equally priced competitors.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Got to say I do not like chrome on the inside/dash of the car it always seems to catch the sun. In my view it's a a hazard I can do without. However, that said I do like the look of the car internal layout.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I wasn't aware I was going to get all that chrome effect till I saw the video. I must have missed it on the Xcellences I've sat in, although looking at the picture I posted it up, it is there. The UK Xcellences get all black interiors so the materiel is going to be dark, we can't have all those fun colours with black leather.

Party LEDs, I'm not too sure how you action them or may be it's just a pull of the stick for flash. In one of the videos it's going along with that white strobe effect.

The younger dealer wanted to know whether I had brought my music SD card that I put into one of their Leon's before to test out FLAC. I'll take a music DVD next time. The Plus with the Seat Sound system is suppose to play dolby 5.1, don't think it will do DTS. It will play 5.1 putting the .1 onto the subwoofer. Wonder if it plays 5.1 off SD card will have to have a think about that and some research perhaps. Getting my music sorted into FLAC at the minute ready. Have an MD changer in the car, so migrating the materiel to FLAC from original CD / DVDs or wherever deleting all MP3 copies except what I keep for rental cars on SD / USB. That will take about five months so it will all come together....

On accessories I quite like the rubber mat I've seen in the boots on the videos although on the chiller box I slide the box forward on the back carpet, so rubber may reduce the ability to slide so probably won't bother. I've mentioned that Seat now have an additional page at the end of the configurator that takes you to accessories. Worth looking at, that's where the VW seat cover appeared, think it is a kiddies one.

All of this stuff now appears with pictures:

Performance
Front styling kit Samoa Orange
£ 535
Front styling kit Connect Blue
£ 535
Front styling kit Emocion Red
£ 535
Front styling kit crossover Silver
£ 535
Rear styling blind kit Samoa Orange
£ 475
Rear styling blind kit Connect Blue
£ 475
Rear styling blind kit Emocion Red
£ 475
Rear styling blind kit crossover Silver
£ 475
Rear styling 1 hole kit Samoa Orange
£ 505
Rear styling 1 hole kit Connect Blue
£ 505
Rear styling 1 hole kit Emocion Red
£ 505
Rear styling 1 hole kit crossover Silver
£ 505
Rear styling 2 holes kit Samoa Orange
£ 490
Rear styling 2 holes kit Connect Blue
£ 490
Rear styling 2 holes kit Emocion Red
£ 490
Rear styling 2 holes kit crossover Silver
£ 490
Puigmal 18" Alloy Wheel silver
£ 230
Puigmal 18" Alloy Wheel black
£ 230
Aneto 19" Alloy Wheel Connect Blue
£ 285
Aneto 19" Alloy Wheel Samoa Orange
£ 285
Aneto 19" Alloy Wheel Silver
£ 285
Aneto 19" Alloy Wheel Emocion Red
£ 285
Aneto 19" Alloy Wheel Black
£ 285
Sport Exhaust Pipe
£ 420
Sport
Front grill moulding
£ 125
Fog lights moulding
£ 180
Side door moulding crossover silver
£ 230
Key Cover
£ 25
Exterior Decoratives
Hatchback Moulding
£ 115
Decals adhesive packs- silver
£ 265
Rear Bumper protective moulding
£ 125
Interior Decoratives
Gear Knob 6V
£ 99
Side sills foil
£ 90
Illuminated side sills
£ 145
Stainless steel side sills
£ 95
Transport
Roof bars
£ 179
Bike Holder
£ 95
Roof box
£ 395
Safety and Protection
Front Mudflaps
£ 79
Rear Mudflaps
£ 79
Protective boot tray (foam)
£ 50
Cargo separation grille
£ 170
Boot tray with high walls
£ 85
Boot organising nets
£ 21
Navigation and Multimedia
Full link

Although the VW kiddie seat covers have vanished now. Probably have to go direct to VW to get them. It covered the seat, went up the back a bit, drop down the front with a flap for bottles and stuff. I'll use a towel for the cat carrier and put a car blanket on the back seat to protect the leather :).

All those coloured wheels are probably being offered to temp those red meat eating Leon drivers to upgrade although they would probably say not until we get the 350 BHP one or whatever it was.... ideal for the school run for the quick get away in the jimjams.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tell said:
Party front lights

Not too sure when you use the front strobe, is it legal in the UK?. Continental flash that us Brits don't do. Wonder if that's activated from the flash control, probably to give the white light strobe ?.
There is no party light :D Just an optical illusion because of the framerate of the camera :cool:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You spoilt my fun. They ought to issue a warning that the car won't look like this although expect those taking the pictures know that. It does strobe down though. What you are seeing is the charge move in the tube which to the natural eye you can't see, that's what I reckon is happening informed by you. I did do a minor in physics till I junked it to computer science as a minor, just too much quantum mechanics for me. I would say it's the charge moving which is sort of weird to see or the screen refresh.... you got to turn the camera upside down and display to check. :D.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Blackateca said:
Tell said:
Party front lights

There is no party light :D Just an optical illusion because of the framerate of the camera :cool:
Makes more sense! Annoyed I fell for that!! Similar to how a picture doesn't record correctly when reviewing a 24fps projector etc. My favourite part of the lights are the orange LED indicators replacing the lines of the daytime running lights. Really well thought out and distinctive.

ernieb said:
Got to say I do not like chrome on the inside/dash of the car it always seems to catch the sun. In my view it's a a hazard I can do without. However, that said I do like the look of the car internal layout.
I think I have seen much tackier trims use of chrome or chrome effect, where its thrown about everywhere to hide a lack of quality.

I also like The Atecas simplicity. With respect to anyone that owns relatively recent Fords, I think Ford are an example where an interior can be far to busy. Whereas in the Ateca the Leon "inspired" interior seems to take the basic VW set up and make it slightly more unique. I like the shape of the centre console especially, which is outlined by the chrome. As a result it's simple to use but not too understated or boring. The touchscreen and software seems quick and not overly complicated as well which is important for me. One of the longer video reviews also mentioned the controls were ever so slightly angled towards the driver as well, which again shows some thought in design.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.