Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help !

Can't decide between brown alcantara vs black alcantara vs black leather...
Only able to make decision based on photos so...
For alcantara I don't like the cloth sides on the inner part of the , if that would be leather it would be perfect.
For brown alcantara I don't like the brown decorations on the panel and they are unseparatable.
How is the quality of black leather?

Maybe someone has or has found somewhere good quality photos of various interiors? Any ideas, welcome !

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What country are you in? You don't get that choice in the UK.

Over here it's just the cheap black and blue cloth on the SE and above, apart from the Excellence, where you are forced to have black leather.

If you are in Ireland or Europe I would definitely go for the black Alcantara given the choice.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You can't be in the UK then (hey ive said that) since we only get offered black leather, no alcantara. IRL get offered black, brown and alcantara on their Xcellences. You will find members pictures on the black leather posted up here. Too my knowledge no member on this forum has taken delivery of the Xcellance.

Sat in a few and the seats themselves are fine.... (I've limited my moan for today :) ).

You could cast your eye at the video posted up by Kindness (thanks)

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=218&start=10

4:23 into the set of four, first one, that's the UK spec interior of the Xcellance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys,

I'm in Europe, but this is the only active Ateca in forum in English langauge I was able to find... Hope you don't mind.

Here if I go with Excellence I get brown alcantara with brown front panel for free. But I don't want brown front panel.
I can upgrade to black alcantara and black front panel for 100 euros, or brown/black black leather for extra 800 euros.

Will try to look around the photos if I can find some interior ones, thanks.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I think the interior choices (or lack of) are the only real negative of buying an Ateca, here in the uk anyway.

Only one fixed cloth style/color forced on most trim, with forced black leather on the xl.

We ordered an SE as couldn't quite stretch to an FE or XL. Not overly keen on the blue Nora cloth, and would have happily paid extra to have had another colour cloth, or black alcantara as an option, but had no choice.

I spent over four months on websites configurators, narrowing down my shortlist for the new car, and they all offer interior options, even if it's just the choice of two, but there's always a choice.
Very limited on Seats part I think!!

Same with those ordering the XL who don't want leather..

I've seen a few vids and plenty pics of the black alcantara, and given the choice of what's available that would be my preference, esp if it's only €100..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Nekas happy for you to tell us what we are missing :). I sat in a couple of Xcellences in Alcantara which were over in the UK on marketing which are really nice. Issue with leather is hot weather, sourcing and wear although the Brits like them for stain removal. It was the Nora blue and that material I didn't like on the other ones I've seen in the UK. I see when looking at the seats the sides and think lovely bucket seats. Sitting high and buckets seats to hold me rigid is what I like in car seating to prevent backache.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts