Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it.

I've had the car 8 weeks and I went to close the boot today, (manual not auto) and as I pulled the handle under the boot the whole internal boot trim ripped off? What the actual hell?

I can't believe it! I'll have to look at it in day light hours but it's almost certainly a trip to the dealer, it looks like it clips in but you can get the clips back in without removing the whole trim i don't believe.

I'm really disappointed with this, hopefully it's a fault in mine and not all the cars but no human closing the boot one handed should be able to rip off the trim, shocking and gutted

·
Registered
918 Posts
EDB4YLI55 said:
I can't believe it.

I've had the car 8 weeks and I went to close the boot today, (manual not auto) and as I pulled the handle under the boot the whole internal boot trim ripped off? What the actual hell?

I can't believe it! I'll have to look at it in day light hours but it's almost certainly a trip to the dealer, it looks like it clips in but you can get the clips back in without removing the whole trim i don't believe.

I'm really disappointed with this, hopefully it's a fault in mine and not all the cars but no human closing the boot one handed should be able to rip off the trim, shocking and gutted
Friend & neighbour had this happen to his car within first week; fortunately we've not had with ours. The trim was removed & refitted by the dealer; think some new clips were installed. Annoying but easily fixed, I think :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I get told by some people on here that I've got a rogue car, mine atleast is that they were short of parts and left some off or the fitters didn't know what to fit. I did notice that the back tailgate plastic just inside is very cheap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so this is interesting.

I have called Seat to arrange taking the car back and guess what, the bloke said this is the 3rd one. This is clearly a fault that Seat need to look at. Its a really poor factor for a cars tailgate to just rip to pieces with one hand.

I'll try upload a photo later.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had this repaired by Seat today, free of course under warrenty without even a question. So the service is good, but I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
EDB4YLI55 said:
I've had this repaired by Seat today, free of course under warrenty without even a question. So the service is good, but I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.
As per my earlier post; friends was same, only on the driver's side. Glad u got it fixed :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Sorry to go on about hitting things in the boot but I did find stuff moves on the bespoke mat. You didn't have anything moving about in the back that knocked it ?.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Perhaps we could use this to justify asking for a non-slip boot mat to be fitted to our new Ateca's... free of charge, of course! :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Using the scientific approach I would be interested to hear whether these people with the detached plastic had been carrying anything sliding around, on the standard mat and whether they had the electric tailgate. It was the access point to the tail lights that was getting bashed off by my chiller box sliding around in the back. I suspect bigger things would take the door out.

I took Mcderms and Saggy's advice and got this

Page 26 of Issue 1. September 2016 Ateca Accessories...

https://web1.seat.co.uk/sites/default/files/ATECA-Accessories.pdf

Zero movement in the back now on the reverse rubber like surface.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
Using the scientific approach I would be interested to hear whether these people with the detached plastic had been carrying anything sliding around, on the standard mat and whether they had the electric tailgate. It was the access point to the tail lights that was getting bashed off by my chiller box sliding around in the back. I suspect bigger things would take the door out.

I took Mcderms and Saggy's advice and got this

Page 26 of Issue 1. September 2016 Ateca Accessories...

https://web1.seat.co.uk/sites/default/files/ATECA-Accessories.pdf

Zero movement in the back now on the reverse rubber like surface.
Tell - as I said this happened to my friend's car within a week, but unlike your situation he had been carryIng nothing in the boot that was moving around. Perhaps that's worse?? :shock:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That does sound bad.

Given I have three defects on my build which I'm taking the drivers heated wing mirror to be but I'll know more, they seem to rush the assembly of these cars (not building to spec). Don't check all the bits are on, possibly put the wrong bits on (my mirror) and bits drop off, haven't had that except the tailgate cover, seem to have a bit of lack of QA in some areas.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've not had this issue, but had to get what is possibly the first Ateca warranty repair in the UK for the driver side air vent, and the door seal on the passenger side came off. The rear view mirror also came undone, when I was cleaning the windscreen with a cloth.

Overall mediocre quality across the range. I'm sure it will improve with time, and its not uncommon with new releases.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased Ateca 2017 plate from dealer. Got it home, partner opened boot put stuff in and used hand insets to close it. At this point rh side of interior trim came away. Actually 😲

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts