Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car arrived today :D

Only managed to do a trip round the block seeing as it got delivered to work. Can't wait to drive it home!!!
So that makes 3 Ateca's in Cardiff.

When it came off the transporter, it was definitely getting the attention of passersby. Even the quick trip round the block and I got a few looks. I even managed to get out of a T junction, I think the other car drivers wanted to see what it was.

Arrived with 19 miles on the clock, what has everyone else's arrived with?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats. Love the Nevada White!

I wonder what others think about the Seat Ateca itself. Doe someone have honest friends or colleagues :-D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was wondering between the Rhodium Grey and the Nevada White. I love both, but thought I'd go for the white as at least I know when it'll need a clean or not :lol:

I'm still waiting for someone or a review to say a bad thing about the Ateca, but it's holding up pretty well. 4 months since launch and still seems to be getting rave reviews.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Very nice. The Express papers had a go but it was just dribble, motor reporters need to say something new, so that was the new, not as good as xxx blah, blah.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/739666/Seat-Ateca-review-Spain-Spanish

The Ateca does everything reasonably well but, like its sister Tiguan, a lack of character makes it ultimately feel like white goods rather than a car you might rave about. Then again, much the same could be said of the Qashqai and that's done very well.
White goods indeed and a lack of character... they need to go to Specsavers.

I trust the Daily Telegraph paper on motoring and they like it. The 1.0 litre as well for two people touching on the other post of today. Suspect young children don't count in that (Magpie is OK :)). Four persons, petrol and the said the 1.4.

The neighbours partner had been admiring mine so that's independent, they have an Alfa.

·
Registered
328 Posts
To be fair you could say the interior is lacking in flair but to criticise the exterior is definitely what I would call "searching for criticism". And it's funny that every other review praises it's handling yet they manage to slate it. I'm guessing the reviewer has something against the VAG group (and is obviously a lover of French cars - crazy!).

·
Registered
328 Posts
And I've just looked at this new 3008 she's raving over and the front end is as ugly as you could get in my opinion!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Looking good :)

Mine had 8 miles on clock

Girls at work have said she is nice
Blokes said nothing

That is a positive sign .... other year when I tuned up in my first Yeti one said "what's that heap of shit"

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
David_S said:
And I've just looked at this new 3008 she's raving over and the front end is as ugly as you could get in my opinion!
My ex worked for them at one point and I drove a 3008 a few times and it was a surprisingly nice ride but must admit I'm not a massive fan of the new front end

The ambient lighting in The pre facelift was better than the Ateca though ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks fab in white really shows off the contours off the car , was going for navada white myself then wife changed my mind and ended up right at the other end of the colour chart and selected black magic

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Saggy said:
David_S said:
My ex worked for them at one point and I drove a 3008 a few times and it was a surprisingly nice ride but must admit I'm not a massive fan of the new front end

I agree, the front end doesn't look good, but there are lots of other cars with the same problem, Audi springs to mind. The latest SEATs do look good and especially the Ateca.

The 3008 interior is definitely better, but that is hardly surprising as the Ateca is exactly the same as the 4 year old Leon. It's a shame they didn't take the opportunity to improve it a bit.

I specced out a 3008 and it was a fair bit more once you added the same options. Also, as a Leon owner, I am not prepared to see the handling suffer, and the 3008 (judging by the reviews) is not as good. That said almost every review confirms the superiority of the Ateca in that respect. My (expensive) road test confirmed that. Also they have nothing to compare to the 1.4Tsi/DSG option.

About the only option from the VAG parts bin that is missing on the Ateca is the 12" fancy instrument display, but I can live with that. My concern with the Ateca display is that I usually have the digital speed on the display, but with all the extra stuff than now has to be displayed such as the lane assist and ACC stuff, I think most of the time that will override the speed display. Any comments on that from current users?

BTW my build date has just slipped another two weeks - hey ho :(

·
Registered
918 Posts
Fred99 said:
Saggy said:
David_S said:

I agree, the front end doesn't look good, but there are lots of other cars with the same problem, Audi springs to mind. The latest SEATs do look good and especially the Ateca.

The 3008 interior is definitely better, but that is hardly surprising as the Ateca is exactly the same as the 4 year old Leon. It's a shame they didn't take the opportunity to improve it a bit.

I specced out a 3008 and it was a fair bit more once you added the same options. Also, as a Leon owner, I am not prepared to see the handling suffer, and the 3008 (judging by the reviews) is not as good. That said almost every review confirms the superiority of the Ateca in that respect. My (expensive) road test confirmed that. Also they have nothing to compare to the 1.4Tsi/DSG option.

About the only option from the VAG parts bin that is missing on the Ateca is the 12" fancy instrument display, but I can live with that. My concern with the Ateca display is that I usually have the digital speed on the display, but with all the extra stuff than now has to be displayed such as the lane assist and ACC stuff, I think most of the time that will override the speed display. Any comments on that from current users?

Nope Fred, you can still have the digital speedo on display and use the other functionality; these other functions don't override the content on the Driver Information System.

You select the Driving Data to be displayed and then cycle through with the thumb wheel until digital speedo is displayed. If you DONT see it, you need to go into the setup as you can choose from a whole range of driving data to display in the DIS, by toggling them on or off - it may be deselected and need activated. :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
RedLeaf92 said:

Only managed to do a trip round the block seeing as it got delivered to work. Can't wait to drive it home!!!

When it came off the transporter, it was definitely getting the attention of passersby. Even the quick trip round the block and I got a few looks. I even managed to get out of a T junction, I think the other car drivers wanted to see what it was.

Congrats, mcderms! You enjoy too :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Bagheera said:
RedLeaf92 said:

Think Bagheera has us confused, RedLeaf :lol:

·
Registered
122 Posts
mcderms said:
Bagheera said:
RedLeaf92 said:

Think Bagheera has us confused, RedLeaf :lol:
Oops. Sorry, mates. :D Anyone who collected recently, enjoy!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Fred99 said:
Saggy said:
David_S said:

More expensive indeed, £33k for the top of the range 180bhp diesel (only 2wd). Ok you get a few more extras as standard such as ACC and foot wiggle boot but £33k for a Peugeot? Really?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Fred99 said:
My concern with the Ateca display is that I usually have the digital speed on the display, but with all the extra stuff than now has to be displayed such as the lane assist and ACC stuff, I think most of the time that will override the speed display. Any comments on that from current users?
I keep the Navigation pane on display on the front display and on the centre display. I think the speedometer is pretty accurate and you also have the bleep speed warnings at the user threshold excess and related flash displays on the front screen if you enable (the speed checking via the satnav). If you have the signpost reading option you have the road works covered as well. So not much chance of speeding without knowing. Throw in uploading the speed camera database and you have quite a bit of checking going on :).

However I do miss being able to read my actual speed which I use to take from the Co-Pilot app. I'm not however mounting my smartphone. As said I'm pretty sure that the analogue speedometer is pretty accurate. Not so sure whether the cars digital display would be satnav based given that all Atecas have that. So that would surely read out the same figures as the analogue one, one dial the other digital.

When I'm the human co-pilot latter in the week I'll check the cars speedometer against GPS derived. I suspect the Ateca one is pretty accurate.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
David_S said:
More expensive indeed, £33k for the top of the range 180bhp diesel (only 2wd). Ok you get a few more extras as standard such as ACC and foot wiggle boot but £33k for a Peugeot? Really?
I did wonder about 4Drive this is where those reviewers get silly since the Ateca covers a wide range of alternatives for different peoples needs. Would it pass my chiller box test - not the one of whether it smashes up the back cover but whether it fits in the boot. The Kadjar fails that one. French cars tend to have soft suspension so if you like the sporty ride it's unlikely that a French car would give you that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well Ghiggz, ill have to keep an eye out for you, shouldnt be too difficult around Cardiff.

So I've been out and about in the car since finishing work. Must have around 50 odd miles on the clock now. To be fair I took it out with 3 people in it and it pulled like a train. Really impressed with the pickup when you put the foot down a bit. Loved driving it so far.

Just need to hope that I can get a fair return on mpg, that'll be the biggest difference to me after previously owning a Golf Diesel.

It's certainly nicer with it being a bit cheaper to fill up than my golf :p

Managed to get the digital speedo to show on my dash. I found that it's easier to view that when trying to not get caught going overy 30mph when driving through speedcameres.
Other than that, I like displaying the car data on the Media System.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Tell said:
David_S said:
I did wonder about 4Drive this is where those reviewers get silly since the Ateca covers a wide range of alternatives for different peoples needs. Would it pass my chiller box test - not the one of whether it smashes up the back cover but whether it fits in the boot. The Kadjar fails that one. French cars tend to have soft suspension so if you like the sporty ride it's unlikely that a French car would give you that.
It would be a huge put off for me. I've got an Audi A5 which for all intents and purposes is a good handling car, but it is not exciting and very dull to drive. Now I'm not saying it's going to be edge of the seat stuff with the Ateca but from what I've read I think there is definitely going to be some enjoyment to be had.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.