Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally taken delivery today; really impressed with the little 3-pot engine (reminds me of the old BMW 6 cylinder - only in the noise department though 馃榾).

COnsidering it's only one model up from the base 'S', I'm impressed with the amount of standard kit fitted, especially as I didn't add anything from the options list.

The 1.0 is quite a gem and belies it's cubic capacity. More so, I'm staggered how smooth it is. Only driven around 70 miles so far so still breaking it in.

My only observation that I will need to keep an eye on is that I'm noticing a burning clutch smell (only minor) when in stop/start traffic (I also noticed this when inspecting the car upon delivery after it had just pulled up on my works car park). I'm hoping it's just the clutch bedding in though.

I'll post some pics over the weekend...

Happy customer so far .....

Banned
Another one on the road. Hope your clutch is fine.

Your smell is a bit different to the TDI SCR regeneration smell when that kicks in if you pull up during the process, fans blowing, heat gushing from under the car. It caught a few of us out when it first did it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tell,

Excuse my ignorance, but is SCR something to do with the catalytic converter? If so, it could be that on mine?

Registered
Hi Carty!

Congratulations on the car; and I wouldn't worry - I doubt it's the clutch; more likely just some protective waxes and/or oils burning off, as is common with new vehicles. Wishing you many happy motoring miles :D

Registered
SCR (selective catalytic reduction) you will usually see referred to as DPF on here which is on diesels only

diesel particulate filter

is when it goes into regeneration mode it smells

as mackyd says ~ often new smell for a while ~ like new toasters and ovens do lol :mrgreen:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Mcderms,

That did cross my mind, saying that, I had a brand new Alfa once, which emitted a "burning smell"; turned out there was some packaging material not removed by the dealer that was extremely close to the outlet manifold!!
Fortunately the smoke coming from below the car was an early give away and helped me locate the offending article 馃槃

Registered
Carty80 said:
Hi Mcderms,

That did cross my mind, saying that, I had a brand new Alfa once, which emitted a "burning smell"; turned out there was some packaging material not removed by the dealer that was extremely close to the outlet manifold!!
Fortunately the smoke coming from below the car was an early give away and helped me locate the offending article 馃槃
Had smoke, too, many years ago after getting Halfords to service my Nova at the time; they'd adjusted the handbrake cable too tight and the brake shoes were going on fire against the drums even though the handbrake was off; scared the sh1t out of me when i looked out the rear window :lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts