Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up the Ateca yesterday. It was the longest drive ever to the garage, couldn't get there quick enough!!!!
Really pleased with it and so id the wife, just need to learn how to use everything.

One issue though, we bought the Excellence with Stainless steel side sills as an additional option. But the on picking up the car the garage hasn't fitted the side sills, they are still in their box in the boot, as the Excellence comes with Excellence branded SS side sills as standard!

I couldn't see this in the Brochure, i've asked the garage if they can remove the Excellence ones and fit them on the back doors and put the ones i bought on the front doors. Otherwise it will be a return of Side sills for a refund.

Anyone else realise this??

·
Registered
931 Posts
Did the salesman place the order for the side sills or did you do it own your own? The specs shows the Xcellence has these trims as standard so no excuses really.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Salesman did it for us. If they can't swap them over, i'll get a refund.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Bloody hell ! It's not just the fact the salesman clearly doesn't know the product he/she is selling, it's the fact they were in the car for you to take them away! :roll:

It's very unlikely they'll fit the rear doors without modification. Not even sure the bodywork is flat enough to accept them.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Agree with GolfMk56 - they will definitely not fit the rear sills; they are too big - and more to the point, removing them front the front could be tricky ! They're stuck on with double sided 'tape' which would need the door sills to be heated up to remove without damaging them, but the tape would probably either tear up and/or leave a lot of residue behind on the painted body. I'd just get a refund !

If you want sill protection for the rears, you can buy the full set of black 'stick on' covers that SEAT sell - and just use the rear ones. I have an Excellence with the standard chrome front sill protectors, and have bought the 'stick ons' for the rears. Still to put them on though :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The garage also said that lifting the sills would damage the car paint, so they are refunding the cost of the sills.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts