Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm another person who was apprehensive about 1.0tsi but ordered a SE Tech (+ convenience pack) after having driven it. It won't suit everyone, but for my needs the 1.0tsi was perfect. However had 2nd thoughts about SE Tech trim so changed order to Xcellence. Haven't driven the 1.4tsi but haven't heard anyone say something bad about it. If a 1.0tsi was perfect, I'm sure we won't regret the 1.4

Tad miffed about the car not having a flat load bay / double floor as std and wouldn't having minded paying the extra £100 odd quid for one, but if I had, instead of an expected March 1st delivery, we'd have been looking at 16 weeks delivery.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Welcome!

I pick my car up on Weds evening and can't wait. What colour have you gone for?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Really, a delay for the double floor? That's the first I've heard of that one. I'm getting one but guess my other options swallowed up any delays in that :lol:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Really, a delay for the double floor? That's the first I've heard of that one. I'm getting one but guess my other options swallowed up any delays in that :lol:
I think the delay is for the car being anything other than standard, there are probably quite a few standard Xcellence 1.4's knocking about.

PS went and had a look at my new car today and the 19's are definitely present!

·
Registered
328 Posts
David_S said:
Kindness71 said:
I think the delay is for the car being anything other than standard, there are probably quite a few standard Xcellence 1.4's knocking about.

PS went and had a look at my new car today and the 19's are definitely present!
Apologies, just realised it was Leon that was asking about the 19's.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well that's quite frustrating as I was informed that the 19" Exclusive machined alloy wheels couldn't be ordered until April, when I placed my order in September. :x

·
Registered
63 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
I'm another person who was apprehensive about 1.0tsi but ordered a SE Tech (+ convenience pack) after having driven it. It won't suit everyone, but for my needs the 1.0tsi was perfect. However had 2nd thoughts about SE Tech trim so changed order to Xcellence. Haven't driven the 1.4tsi but haven't heard anyone say something bad about it. If a 1.0tsi was perfect, I'm sure we won't regret the 1.4

Tad miffed about the car not having a flat load bay / double floor as std and wouldn't having minded paying the extra £100 odd quid for one, but if I had, instead of an expected March 1st delivery, we'd have been looking at 16 weeks delivery.
You did exactly the same as Me!... I'm sure you will love the Xcellence though.... I couldn't settle with the SE Tech... I wanted more and would have regretted it :) Regards Adam

·
Registered
38 Posts
I settled for SE Tech as I'm stingy and didn't want to pay for excellence......

Maybe I will pay for excellence in 3 years >_<

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone!!

I'm placing my order today, and because I've opted or Bila White (will probably end up being the most common colour on the roads but hey I love it!) then I'll have a looong wait apparently (End of March).

I've ordered the 1.0TSI SE Technology with tinted rear windows and reversing camera as extras (I like the privacy for the kids and I hired a Toyota recently with reversing camera and loved it!)

I've never had a new car before so found it all very daunting and it has taken me months to finally come around to the idea of doing it. I'll just be leasing as it suits our needs better these days.

I compared it with the Qashqai (I have an 08 Qashqai but my daughter gets car sick as they are very 'bouncy', the VW Tiguan, and the Kia Sportage, and I went back and forth for ages trying to decide which was best for me. In the end, looks, price and overall economy won me over the the Ateca).

Nice to find this forum!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
abby1234519 said:
I settled for SE Tech as I'm stingy and didn't want to pay for excellence......

Maybe I will pay for excellence in 3 years >_<
Chosing the SE Tech over the SE certainly isn't being stingy. IMO SE is the sensible option and even adding NAV, LED's as optional extras, I think it still works out better value than an SE Tech. But as someone else in this thread has pointed out, when you start deviating away from the std car and add several options, it means less choice on current build allocation slots or worse still, a new order from scratch.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
David_S said:
Welcome!

I pick my car up on Weds evening and can't wait. What colour have you gone for?
Jungle Green which seems to be a pretty poor description. Doesn't look bad in the lights of the showroom but it might be a tad dull on the open road.

I work on this rule of thumb: small cars - bright colours look best, large cars - dark colours look best. I couldn't work out if the Ateca was small or big so went for a combination of both. :D

I can't describe Jungle Green other than it's not very green nor what I'd expect to see in the Amazon rainforest. Would have chosen grey or silver by default but I've been doing that for the past 30 years. Just fancied a change.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wanted Jungle Green, my other half wanted Lava Blue... I lost.
I've seen JG (or something very like it!) on a Skoda Yeti which lives round the corner from us, and it looks like a quite subtle interesting shade of silver-grey-green. It's quite light dependent I think, but always looks like an interesting colour without being one which will need washing every 10 minutes - unlike the blue! I also thought it would suit the shape of the Ateca pretty well - it's a slightly more muted shade than the colour they've done the Xperience concept version in, but in the same area of the spectrum in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
its a colour I like on the yeti so bet looks good on the Ateca :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts