Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my "Tank" (as named by the wife) when I just got back from a local detailer. In the past Ive had a range of paint treatments, but never seemed to be that good until the GEN-3 I had on my last car. That seemed to keep the car cleaner and easier to clean for the 3 years I had it. So rather than take up the Diamond Brite offered by my dealer (£250) I used a local detailer to prep the car and apply the GEN-3 (£350). I'm really pleased with the results, the paintwork seems so much "slippier" than before. He cleared off the remaining bits of wax, etc, fixed some blemishes and importantly did all the door shuts as well which normally get left.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Need sunglasses 😎

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow stunning. I'm so glad i changed my order to this color :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Niggly said:
Love the contrast of black against white. Just needs darker wheels now. ;)
+1 :lol:

·
Registered
70 Posts
looking really good
John

·
Registered
979 Posts
shiny shiny JimBob, looks really good :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
JimBob said:
Here's my "Tank" (as named by the wife) when I just got back from a local detailer. In the past Ive had a range of paint treatments, but never seemed to be that good until the GEN-3 I had on my last car. That seemed to keep the car cleaner and easier to clean for the 3 years I had it. So rather than take up the Diamond Brite offered by my dealer (£250) I used a local detailer to prep the car and apply the GEN-3 (£350). I'm really pleased with the results, the paintwork seems so much "slippier" than before. He cleared off the remaining bits of wax, etc, fixed some blemishes and importantly did all the door shuts as well which normally get left.

How is this holding out? Have to admit this product reads really well on paper.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks good, I am also considering a detailer to give mine a quick paint correction if required and apply a good quality topcoat to help protect the paintwork when it arrives but they are expensive

·
Registered
85 Posts
When (???) mine arrives, I plan to decline the dealer's ceramic paint protection offer and take it straight round to a detailer. Having read up about it and searched all the local detailers websites, I've decided to go down that route.

My main reason for doing this is, without seriously knocking the dealers' efforts, what every detailer says is quite right. A dealer has to prepare lots of cars in a short space of time and something will, inevitable, give. Which means that their preparation can't be of the same standard as a detailer's. Most detailers want a car for at least 24 hours, sometimes 48, to carry out their work and their prices are still comparable to a dealer's.

Anyway, that's my two penn'orth.

·
Registered
166 Posts
ps5108 said:
When (???) mine arrives, I plan to decline the dealer's ceramic paint protection offer and take it straight round to a detailer. Having read up about it and searched all the local detailers websites, I've decided to go down that route.

My main reason for doing this is, without seriously knocking the dealers' efforts, what every detailer says is quite right. A dealer has to prepare lots of cars in a short space of time and something will, inevitable, give. Which means that their preparation can't be of the same standard as a detailer's. Most detailers want a car for at least 24 hours, sometimes 48, to carry out their work and their prices are still comparable to a dealer's.

Anyway, that's my two penn'orth.
Totally agree depending on prep time And products used I've been quoted upto £700 and 5 days for a full correction enhancement using a kamikaze top coat excuse the poor spelling as even brand new paint will have orange peel and damage under inspection lighting. I'm aiming for a £300 package when car arrives and I actually get the detailer to inspect it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am still very happy with the finish. I went away for a fortnight, leaving the car relatively clean. On my return it still looked fine. However the big bonus is that it is so much quicker to clean as the jet wash gets the majority off. It's really just the bugs that need a bit of work but even these are easier.
The detailor also gave me a microfiber towel for drying the car. It's amazing that a cloth like a small towel can dry a car that size. It's much better than a chamois leather that can also leave scratches.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Always carry a microfibre towel and some quick detailer to remove bird poo as soon as I see it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts