Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rhodium grey 1.6tdi se tech arrived this evening and I have just had a quick drive and like it a lot.

It has a ridiculous amount of features but I can't find a manual in the car. Is it hidden somewhere I can't find it or as I suspect they have forgotten to put one in.

Also when I select sat nav it said it's not loaded. How do I fix this as it is standard on this model

Pretty sure I will have loads of questions in the next week or so

·
Registered
338 Posts
Mikeb said:
My rhodium grey 1.6tdi se tech arrived this evening and I have just had a quick drive and like it a lot.

It has a ridiculous amount of features but I can't find a manual in the car. Is it hidden somewhere I can't find it or as I suspect they have forgotten to put one in.

Also when I select sat nav it said it's not loaded. How do I fix this as it is standard on this model

Pretty sure I will have loads of questions in the next week or so
The manuals should be in the glove compartment, if not get them from your dealer. Sat Nav SD card is ordered specifically for your car by the dealer. Again, tell your dealer to get it sorted.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Mikeb said:
That's very annoying when my dealer is Peterborough and I am in Edinburgh
I would ring them and insist they send them out straight away by 1st class courier. That's ridiculous that they didn't give them to you :roll:

·
Registered
931 Posts
This is just one of the reasons I always go to collect my car than have it delivered and if possible, try to buy local.

Regarding SD cards - the dealerships don't normally install these until last minute because they have the tendancy to go walkies. It's actually safer if they send this out to you via registered post. I haven't heard the same about the manual but it might be the same story.

The latest manual is availabe for download online at SEAT website:
http://www.seat.com/owners/your-seat/manuals-offline/manuals.html?model=Ateca%20(2016)&id=76&_charset_=UTF-8

Out of interest, why buy it so far away from home? Did you purchase it thru a broker? I did that with my last car but flew down / drove back myself from Kent. Would have done the same again if I was going to make such a saving but tbh, Arnold Clark up here were offering as good a deal (turned out better in the end) than any broker.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My dealer gave it to me together with the key...

·
Registered
87 Posts
My Sat- nav card was fitted at the dealership by the sales guy (Viv Lipton) as he was explaining the ins and outs of the car, also I was handed the car manual at the same time, I always go to collect a new vehicle, never leave anything to chance.

·
Registered
192 Posts
fujixpro said:
My Sat- nav card was fitted at the dealership by the sales guy (Viv Lipton) as he was explaining the ins and outs of the car, also I was handed the car manual at the same time, I always go to collect a new vehicle, never leave anything to chance.
This was my experience too. There is something to be said for buying locally.

G

·
Mikeb said:
That's very annoying when my dealer is Peterborough and I am in Edinburgh
Somewhat off topic, but if that's Stoneacre in Peterborough, I took my test drive there and then they never bothered to get back to me with a quote, so I went elsewhere.
I was wondering how they actually manage to sell anything :lol:
Hope you get sorted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts