Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to be joining the Ateca ownership club! I ordered my Ateca yesterday, so hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive. I currently own a Kia Sportage and was considering replacing it with the new model, however once I test drove the Ateca I quickly realised it is in a different league!

My dealer is quoting a February/March delivery time, however when I was shopping around one dealer quoted May/June for the specification I wanted!!

I'm glad I did shop around as prices varied massively. My local dealer wouldn't discount the new car and insulted me with my p/x. After making a few phone calls I managed to find a dealer within an hours drive that gave me a massive discount (£2,730 off list price) and a good p/x! Make sure any future Ateca owners shop around before placing an order!!

What lead times has everyone else been quoted?

Also do you have access to a Seat website that allows you to track the build and shipment progress of the car?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Welcome Johnny. Interested to hear your comments vs the Kia - it does really look like the competition is taking a beating. I will be interested to hear from any Qashqai owners who are making the switch.

Delivery dates are a bit of a mess at the moment where, based on customer input, one order can arrive earlier than another order for the same spec.

I am expecting delivery mid Feb, but I ordered it at the end of August! Once the order has been received at the factory, your dealer should be able to give you a provisional build date.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Welcome Jonny. My dealer held off on the p/x insult till delivery. Think they did a cut and paste pdf to show me which is why the conversation with the manager took so long. I semi joke on that. Especially since he wanted to keep the piece of paper.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Good choice Jonny and welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I was lucky and found a good dealer. They didn't do the hard sell either!

They valued my p/x at today's valuation even though my Ateca could be another 3-4 months away. They also did the finance based on my current settlement, therefore my settlement will be substantially lower by the time I take delivery meaning I will be getting quite a bit of money back!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Which part of the country are you Jonny

I was more than happy with my dealer too here in Lincolnshire :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in Leeds but purchased from Doncaster!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Not exactly on doorstep then , from West to South
Worth it for that discount though!

Mine was ordered at official launch time and I got a big discount (not as much as yours but way more than majority) and a good trade in too :)

I hope you don't have too long a wait

I collect min Friday and my original order was 13th Sept :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Jonny said:
I think I was lucky and found a good dealer. They didn't do the hard sell either!

They valued my p/x at today's valuation even though my Ateca could be another 3-4 months away. They also did the finance based on my current settlement, therefore my settlement will be substantially lower by the time I take delivery meaning I will be getting quite a bit of money back!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm guessing they'll lower the px valuation in line with your settlement figure in all honesty. I assume the differance in px valuation and settlement is going towards the deposit? If so I doubt they'll then give you money back on top of that as well.

This is what my dealer said would happen with mine however I've decided to sell privately now as I should be about £1.5k better off.

Edit: Congratulations on your order by the way, a very nice spec!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
When they sorted my finance they did it on valuation at time of order and then they say payment made in waiting time on existing finance would pay the difference as miles went up and it did 3 months later, so in effect the px value at time of collection is less but so is the settlement figure due to what I've paid in meantime

Are you sure you've understood correctly?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi David,

No the figures I agreed yesterday are final and my dealer will honour the p/x value despite the uncertainty as to when I will receive the vehicle. Nothing will be reduced other than my settlement figure which I will get back.

As my settlement will be lower by the time I collect my Ateca the difference between my settlement figure from yesterday and my settlement figure at the time I collect my car will be added to my deposit thus lowering the amount I am financing.

I have this in writing as this was one of my concerns.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Jonny said:
Hi David,

No the figures I agreed yesterday are final and my dealer will honour the p/x value despite the uncertainty as to when I will receive the vehicle. Nothing will be reduced other than my settlement figure which I will get back.

As my settlement will be lower by the time I collect my Ateca the difference between my settlement figure from yesterday and my settlement figure at the time I collect my car will be added to my deposit thus lowering the amount I am financing.

I have this in writing as this was one of my concerns.
Are you sure you didn't order your car from a charity rather than a dealership? :lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I guess it all swings and roundabouts. I got 2.5k more for my trade in than it was worth but didn't get any discount on list price. I did get the GAP insurance and the Diamondbrite included as well. Admittedly mine was a launch car so I didn't get to spec the car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I drive a hard bargain!! Lol

I also got a fantastic p/x valuation as well.

Very happy with the deal and more importantly I'm extremely happy with the car.

Driving from West Yorkshire to South Yorkshire was worthwhile as I've found a fantastic Seat dealership. Would highly recommend Stoneacre Seat.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Jonny said:
I drive a hard bargain!! Lol

I also got a fantastic p/x valuation as well.

Very happy with the deal and more importantly I'm extremely happy with the car.

Driving from West Yorkshire to South Yorkshire was worthwhile as I've found a fantastic Seat dealership. Would highly recommend Stoneacre Seat.
You really won't be disappointed Jonny. I test drove all the similar sized SUVs and nothing came close for the money.

A proper genuine congratulations on a great choice.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tight Yorkshire men know how to drive a hard bargain ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Dougie!

Saggy - you know us Yorkshire men well!! ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.