Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just placed an order for a lava blue 2.0 Excellence DSG 4WD. Added heated windscreen, park assist, spare wheel, top view camera, adaptive cruise control and boot organiser nets. At this stage could be anything between 2 weeks and 2 months! I'll let you know ehen it shows up.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Sorry to disappoint but unless you have managed to get an already built one your very unlikely to get it in 2 months. Mines coming up to 5 months now.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Seams seat are pulling thier finger out with build and delivery times which seem to be getting shorter. Mine was less than 10 weeks from order to delivery. Seems the more extras you choose the longer it takes, not sure why that would be though. Plus kindness there was a shortage of Samoa orange paint maybe that's why your has taken a little longer.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think the situation might have improved slightly now, as I placed an order for a 'factory build' on 8th December, and have been given a confirmed build date of week 3, which commences on 16th January.

As I don't want to pick it up before 1st March anyway, I am hoping that will all work out OK.

Obviously there are some new 'pre-built' cars about, but I have found that these are usually with diesel, rather than petrol engines, which I think is what you are after anyway.

Oh... and and welcome to the Forum DSG4WD! :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Taffy2 said:
Seams seat are pulling thier finger out with build and delivery times which seem to be getting shorter. Mine was less than 10 weeks from order to delivery. Seems the more extras you choose the longer it takes, not sure why that would be though. Plus kindness there was a shortage of Samoa orange paint maybe that's why your has taken a little longer.
I think you just hit really lucky by getting a car already ordered to that spec, where they then no longer wanted it, so it was available. We have seen a couple like that. The wait time is even longer in Spain and other countries where we have seen people waiting up to nine months I believe. :eek:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Seat must surely be kicking themselves, you would think they must of lost some sales what with that kind a wait time. Makes you want to go and buy a Ford, :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
DSG4WD dealer probably tells the bad news latter. Good choice thou ;).

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Taffy2 said:
Seat must surely be kicking themselves, you would think they must of lost some sales what with that kind a wait time. Makes you want to go and buy a Ford, :lol:
No, they will be laughing all the way to the bank. They brought out a car which has, unexpectedly, won almost every "best car" competition in Europe and their sales are way above what they, and everyone else, expected. Discounts are tiny , if any, so profits are high which is what they really need, having lost money for years!

I am pretty sure that the only reason that delivery times are so short in the UK is because they are RHD cars and SEAT UK ordered more than they have managed to sell. There is no reason why the UK should get preferential treatment compared to other European markets. Once their initial quota is sold, things could be very different. In Spain you will not see better than 5 months and dates are getting longer, not shorter.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Apart from Seat might want to take more market share in the UK so aren't restricting them or, and this is excuse is used for other things, that RHD production might be "lumpy" so if you are making them, you have to make alot of them or that Seat UK management as well as being leather lovers also argue the case for good supply.

Anyhow how do we know that DSG4WD is UK based... this board mops up English speakers outside the UK and Ireland.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome! Lava Blue is a good choice ;-) Don't let the naysayers get you down (or feel unwelcome!!) hopefully you'll get good info on your lead time as things go on :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
great choice ;)

welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome. The discount I negotiated implies that they are not in short supply :D - and I am UK based.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
where in UK are you DSG4WD?

one poster reckons the further north you are the better your chances of discount

I'm lincs and I was more than happy with my discount and it was top end of discounts quoted on here with a trade in that was reasonable too

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Probably the anti diesel lobby working for you :).

I'm sold on the top view camera and the heated windscreen. The proximity sensors combine with the top view camera making parking relatively easy, although I'm still looking at the drop mirror option in reverse to cover all bases. You can see a close up of the front wheel to get the curb side view but I'd still like some vision on the rear wheel. The top view's merit is supermarket parking, getting in the parking boxes at hotels etc. It gets you there within a couple of inches of accuracy. The images are electronically pasted together from the cameras, I noted that today as I could see the joint.

Saggy I was going to ask that question but decided not to be nosy and I'm the one poster. It's to do with rates and the cost of living that effect garage operating costs. Obviously turnover effects discounts they can get from Seat as well. The former is referenced to as market forces factor in some quarters. It's that, that the internet discounters rely on once Seat start to remove restrictions on the amount of discount that can be offered.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I know it was you Tell :) I asked for you ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Saggy, I'm in the Cotswolds. I'll put it in my profile when I figure out how. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
DSG4WD said:
Saggy, I'm in the Cotswolds. I'll put it in my profile when I figure out how. :)
Click on "User Control Panel" (at the very top of the screen), then on "Profile" (second option in the 'bar', and there you have it!

I used to live in the Cotswolds myself about 10 years ago... in Jeremy Clarkson country! :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Montala - now done.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been given a build date of 10th Feb with delivery early March. I was offered a couple of cars that would come earlier but they were not to my exact spec so I decided to wait.

·
Registered
979 Posts
DSG4WD said:
I've been given a build date of 10th Feb with delivery early March. I was offered a couple of cars that would come earlier but they were not to my exact spec so I decided to wait.
What happened to the 2 weeks to 2 months Delivery time that the Dealer told you? Sounds like they have waited until you signed the paperwork before revealing a more realistic delivery time :roll:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts