·
Administrator
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another comparison review:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/seat/ateca/96251/seat-ateca-vs-renault-kadjar

Land vehicle Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle registration plate

Spoilers for those not wanting to read the full thing:

The Ateca follows in the footsteps of the Leon, and goes straight to the top of its class. Its combination of practicality, performance, running costs and kit is hard to beat. The top-spec Xcellence model is well equipped, and the 2.0 TDI delivers a great mix of pace and economy, although we'd recommend the front-wheel-drive version for lower running costs.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Always comes across that reviewers struggle to find faults in the Ateca. In comparisons with its equally well priced rivals it seems to nearly always win, albiet by narrow margins sometimes. Encouraging. Didn't realise the kadjar was a favourite though! I overlooked it when considering my options. Thought the Qashqai was generally the class leader. But then I didn't look at one of those either!

Understandably if you go up in the price range (eg VW Tiguan, Audi Q range, bmw X range, Jag F pace) all of sudden the Ateca pales in comparison. But you need to put down a considerably larger chunk of money for the privilege.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Kadjar is short on boot space via height. I liked the one I sat in.

My last bit of research still showed that they didn't have a DSG 4WD that was dependent on getting out a powerful enough engine at launch which they didn't have. Unlike the Qashqai it wouldn't have the elastic band automatic which is designed to give you the notchy gear change unlike a DSG. Renault use similar type of gear change to VW. So it they sorted out the engine for the 4WD mated to one of their DSG type of gear boxes and had more boot space it would on paper be similar to the Ateca DSG 4WD leather seats versus cloth etc. Don't know where they stand on that one without checking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts