Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Key fob

12K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Tell 
#1 ·
Hi all

I was looking at the manual and it shows different variations of button types on the key fob, I guess depending what options you have fitted to the car. So my question is what buttons are on the standard key fob? I have an xcellence on order with heated screen, wonder if there is a heated seat/ screen button so it gets all nice and warm ready for me to drive :D :D ...probably not.

Pictures of key fobs welcome :)

Btw- my car is being built this week :)

Cheers

Steve

#3 ·
What is this remote control, it is in the manual.....

The auxiliary heater can be switched on using the fast heating button of the air condition- ing controls, with the remote control or by previously programming a departure time in the auxiliary heater menu of the infotainment system.

#4 ·
Xcellence key picture attached

No heated windscreen is via the setup on the aircon. Jury is out on whether it does it on automatic or you fumble with the screen. It toggles between a wire element shown with an orange rectangle around it and one without.

People who use it daily will have mastered when you poke the screen, I just poke it till it works. I know a debate started at the weekend about "automatic", not resolved in my mind yet.

Heated seats on automatic. People frig with Vag codes so they come on when the ignition is turned. Side effect would be they that they would be on in the summer. I can see people in cold climates would or could make the seats come on without hitting the button once the ignition is pressed. I'm not bothering with this reprogramming myself.

Auxiliary heater isn't sold in the UK, it's like your own central heating boiler as well as the engine.

Attachments

#6 ·
Auxiliary Heater page 63 of the Ateca training manual... we ain't got it but I expect it's sold in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Germany etc ?.

Attachments

#8 ·
Thanks, you will be able to tell us what we are missing. The pollution police at the minute are getting agitated in the UK so it would be frowned upon. Apparently peoples wood burners in London create more pollution than whatever. But only Directors of Public Health would have them and University academics that worked at Imperial College that monitors the road side devices so a bit self reinforcing. Not that I use to have lunch with these people a number of years ago and use to listen to their pollution conversations.

#9 ·
Tell said:
Xcellence key picture attached

No heated windscreen is via the setup on the aircon. Jury is out on whether it does it on automatic or you fumble with the screen. It toggles between a wire element shown with an orange rectangle around it and one without.

People who use it daily will have mastered when you poke the screen, I just poke it till it works. I know a debate started at the weekend about "automatic", not resolved in my mind yet.

Heated seats on automatic. People frig with Vag codes so they come on when the ignition is turned. Side effect would be they that they would be on in the summer. I can see people in cold climates would or could make the seats come on without hitting the button once the ignition is pressed. I'm not bothering with this reprogramming myself.

Auxiliary heater isn't sold in the UK, it's like your own central heating boiler as well as the engine.
I've got my heated windscreen set to auto and it definitely worked on its own on the icy mornings we've had this week. The only buttons I pressed were the heated rear screen and my heated seat.

#10 ·
Thanks David. I'm set to auto but perhaps I get impatient, being retired I don't get a lot of experiment with it since the frost has gone by when I get up :). I suspect it's triggered via the rear heater (perhaps not).... some say blower (Saggy). The orange bar around the wire icon means something. Perhaps it goes orange when it's active on auto ?. Perhaps and pushing it toggles it off. I work out when it's on by the engine changing tone to the power drain as I fumble with it given there is no documentation on it. I will have to be more scientific with it, normally I'm perished and just get it going.

I'll take a picture or you or Kindness can of how it's suppose to be then I'll get mine the same.

#11 ·
This is how my panel looked this morning with it set at auto on the settings. As you can see I only have the rear screen on, my heated seat on and everything else set to auto. My front screen was clear if ice within a minute

#12 ·
press the set up button to go to the screen

heated windscreen button shows there on LHS
check says auto above it

and then stop fiddling and just drive

#13 ·
Saggy said:
press the set up button to go to the screen

heated windscreen button shows there on LHS
check says auto above it

and then stop fiddling and just drive
I had a fiddle this morning :shock:

The back started clearing pretty much straight away but the front took a good 2 mins or more before anything happened. In the mean time I clicked just about every button to see if it would start :? I will have more patience next time and just wait to see what happens.

#14 ·
to be fair isn't instant and depends how thick frost is but I put everything on high temp, get out and scrape side windows, get back in and it is generally ready to swipe :)

#15 ·
Yes it's very dependent on how thick the ice is. You should see it starting to work though as the ice glistens as it starts to melt.

When are we going to start seeing heated side windows though? I'm too lazy to scrape the side windows so just wait until it melts :lol:
In fairness that isn't too long as with mine being petrol the car warms up quickly.

#17 ·
Thanks for picture David. I don't get the auto stop start light since I fixed it :). The rest is the same. I've got Saggy auto on the front display, I think that replicates the buttons below, so auto on the main acc button is the same so it doesn't do anything more than you can do on the "analog" buttons. That leaves you with just the "wire" screen button that toggles between one with an orange rectangle around it and without. Perhaps that's overrides auto screen heater but whether with orange is on, and without orange is off or the other way round. That's on the displayed acc setup menu.

It could be that it waits till the battery is up before it puts the heater on. Like Kindness it doesn't always kick in but by touching the screen button it does. I probably got you all toggling them to off now.

I do spray the side windows if bad and yes it will have done the front by the walk round....

0.9c outside now, my shed temperature from the weather station, so I won't get a chance to try it out this morning on the shopping run.

Said wire icon below that toggles between one with an orange rectangle around it and one without. We agree on the auto :).

Attachments

#20 ·
Diesels have more engine mass than petrol station so they take longer... may be that's because they compress the fuel till it explodes rather than spark plugs so they can't be weak nandy pandies like petrol engines ;).

#22 ·
Steve it works like that for me :)
I think it senses glass temp or something

rest ref petrol/diesel ~ thank you. I didn't know the engines warmed up quicker !!
nearly a reason to change :lol:

#23 ·
... That's why they call diesel engines "lumps". You have your heated seats. After ten minutes the air temperature warms up.

Steve I think the key is what the orange rectangle is doing round the heater icon on the aircon setting screen. Seems only I have noticed this. There is just lack of documentation of how the heated windscreen works.

It is a Vagcom configuratable thing

[09] Cent. Elect.
- Coding
- Tow Bar Electrics - Activate/Deactivate
- Drip Wiper Function
- One Touch Indicators
- Terminal 30G - Interior Power Supply Discharge Protection
- Heated Windscreen Activation Time
- Heated Wing Mirror Heating Time
- Rear Screen Heating Time
- Boot Lid Remote Unlocking
Means it's on a timer once triggered the same as the mirrors and rear screen. I'll check to see what mine is set for. I can probably be more clever like sense when it's on through the ODB interface.

#24 ·
Saggy said:
does a petrol car warm up inside quicker than a diesel? :eek:
It depends on the engine. The 1.4tsi in the Ateca was designed with a new type of cylinder head/exhaust manifold that means the water heats up much faster. When I changed from a diesel Leon to a petrol Leon the difference was very noticeable.

#25 ·
That's still a petrol thou!. You won't get that with a diesel since they have to be stronger to get Dr Diesel's explosion on compression. More metal... longer to heat up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.