Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so after feeling a little underwhelmed with the performance of my car I have today discovered a new aspect to the car's performance. I'm used to the "kick down" part of the pedal on an automatic, but not on a manual. However it appears my car has this same type of pedal and pushing it past the kickdown point opens up the throttle further and for the first time has actually started to convince me there is 148bhp sitting under the bonnet.

However, what is the point of the kickdown part of the pedal on a manual? I'm going to find it very annoying to use this every time I want to open the throttle fully. Has any other manual users noticed this?

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's due to the cylinder deactivation technology. When you put your foot down it decides you need all 4 cylinders and there can be a noticeable delay before it kicks in.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leon said:
It's due to the cylinder deactivation technology. When you put your foot down it decides you need all 4 cylinders and there can be a noticeable delay before it kicks in.
I don't think that's quite right. It tells you when you're only using 2 cylinders and ANY sort of acceleration puts it back to 4 cyclinders so from what I can see it will be using 4 cyclinders well before I get to the kickdown point.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have this is my KIA CEE'D diesel manual. I think it is just a measure to help you drive more economically as feeling the extra resistance makes you think ahhh there goes more fuel. Depends what your driving style is I guess.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I think I might enjoy this thread. I'm sure they would have worked it out for the DSG.

Oh yes on ECO I was getting resistance I didn't like that made it feel weird.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NeoVector said:
I have this is my KIA CEE'D diesel manual. I think it is just a measure to help you drive more economically as feeling the extra resistance makes you think ahhh there goes more fuel. Depends what your driving style is I guess.
Well I wish they wouldn't bother with all this Eco malarkey. I'm going to find it really frustrating to press the kickdown every time I want maximum acceleration....

·
Registered
979 Posts
David_S said:
NeoVector said:
Well I wish they wouldn't bother with all this Eco malarkey. I'm going to find it really frustrating to press the kickdown every time I want maximum acceleration....
So don't use the eco driving profile then, simples as a meer cat would say :roll: You only get it in this mode as per the manual (page 227) :D

Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number Document

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh ok, didn't realise that, thanks.

Bye bye Eco mode! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts