Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on this video:

guy is talking in polish about Lane guidance in Lane assist menu.

He explains that car drives itself on bends. It is not corrective steering but fully controlled driving in the middle of the lane.

He has on his car (test car from main dealer) two options:
- Active
- Lane guidance

In my Ateca there is only one:
Plant Radio Vehicle Audio equipment Personal luxury car

Am I missing something or this is another option which is market / version dependent and can be enabled in ODBeleven? :?:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
There is another option that you need to activate and that is "lane guidance". It doesn't seem to make a lot of difference.

The car stays in the lane but on bends it wanders off to the edge and then corrects. It's a bit unnerving at first, especially for the passenger, but it works. It only handles gentle curves so you need to keep an eye on it as it will switch out with a warning and the icon at the bottom of the MFD goes from green to yellow. Incidentally I am talking about taking bends at 80mph. Obviously it is better at slower speeds as it has more time to react. In very slow traffic it is fine. You can have about 15 seconds with your hands off the wheel before it gets cross. If you ignore the warning it thinks you are dead and goes into Emergency Assist and stops with the hazard lights flashing. Traffic Jam Assist and Emergency Assist are DSG only.

The ACC is a near perfect as you could want. After half an hour I became totally confidant in it.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
There is another option that you need to activate and that is "lane guidance". It doesn't seem to make a lot of difference.

The car stays in the lane but on bends it wanders off to the edge and then corrects. It's a bit unnerving at first, especially for the passenger, but it works. It only handles gentle curves so you need to keep an eye on it as it will switch out with a warning and the icon at the bottom of the MFD goes from green to yellow. Incidentally I am talking about taking bends at 80mph. Obviously it is better at slower speeds as it has more time to react. In very slow traffic it is fine. You can have about 15 seconds with your hands off the wheel before it gets cross. If you ignore the warning it thinks you are dead and goes into Emergency Assist and stops with the hazard lights flashing. Traffic Jam Assist and Emergency Assist are DSG only.

The ACC is a near perfect as you could want. After half an hour I became totally confident in it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, by ' Adaptive driving on lane' I meant 'Lane guidance', I just translated from polish.
Now checked in the manual and it says 'Lane guidance'.

Anyway this option is not available in my vehicle...

At this moment it only 'corrects' moves when I cross/approach lane line. The effect is that car is moving from left to right and back left and after few seconds it wants me to take over steering.

I presume the other option 'Lane guidance' keeps the car in the centre of the lane as showed in the video.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
It certainly isn't clear in the manual what it does. I also notice from the video that the lane guidance takes over the whole MFD showing the two lanes. That doesn't appear on mine, only the small control icon at the bottom. Personally I prefer it that way, otherwise I can't see the digital speed display, which is essential to me as I have been using that for the last 17 years in my two Leons. Do you get the full display all the time?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Like you Freddie I only get the small graphic in use, or the big graphic when adjusting it. I'll check my screen on other settings. I seem to recall the DSG mode of bringing the car to a stop and then driving off again when the traffic moves is poorly documented with an ambiguity on the screen and text in the manual. My comments on this are in the forum somewhere.

At the end of the day I don't use it for day to day driving. I can see on my next European trip I might use it. I didn't like fighting the steering wheel to pick the best bit of road to drive on steering round potholes etc. This is what you have previously called tramlining before you knew it was the effect of fighting lane assist to alter the path.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Ah well I reckon the adaptive lane guidance is the slow speed city one aka traffic jam assist. My thought on the 3rd December with screens

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=421&p=4662&hilit=adaptive+lane+guidance#p4662

The manual is ambiguous that what it says you don't find on the screen as such whilst the screen doesn't mention 'traffic jam assist' at all. Page 217 "If the lane centring guidance is not active, Traffic Jam Assist is not active". It doesn't actual use those words on the screen "lane centring guidance". I photograph it all before for my records as it was, I didn't change it and it does work, but obviously at no point does it use those magic words "Traffic Jam Assist" is on, the rather confusing settings that don't tally with the text.

The words lane centring guidance I've taken to mean adaptive lane guidance (in the middle screen below) since I have no screen that says that. I reckon yours is the same ?. It's a bit of a carry on.
So if you got Traffic Jam Assist you have the text Lane Centring Guidance on the menu. I got pictures on the link.

Lastly the graphics will take over if you keep it on the driver assistance MFD move it off that to satnav, time etc and it disappears.

BTW I found the emergency release of the keyhole, it wasn't bright enough to see it on the underside drivers door handle yesterday, it removes the cap which reveals the key barrel should the battery become flat - I'd put a request out for help.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The thing is I have Traffic Jam assist and it's working like a charm with DSG.

The problem is I don't have 'Adaptive lane guidance'.

Is this another option which has to be enabled somewhere else or in obdeleven?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Doesn't have anything to do with Obdeleven. It was always on the menu.

On the MFD have you got all assistance check marked on ?. This might also be another case where you look at your build codes.

The December post was when I was still checking that I had all I had paid for. At that time I didn't know about build codes.

You should have

79F Lane keeping system, traffic jam assist, rear traffic alert, blind spot monitor, and emergency assist

Or atleast something that says traffic jam assist as a build code if you don't have any of the others.

http://nemiga.com/cat_spares/etka/vin/

Build code data gets passed through a time after entering the VIN, or pay the 7 euro + VAT for the Erwin and get all the manuals plus build data etc in a one hour raid or get your dealer to cut and paste it off their system.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm I don't have 79F (at least not on spec in the boot). There is plenty others..
But I have Lane assist (as corrective movements), Traffic Jam, rear traffic alert, blind spot, emergency assist.

Seems like car for Irish market has limited spec - even within packages.
Why am I not surprised... those bastards reduce everything - excluding price....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It did cross my mind whether a build for Ireland might have lead to this. May be if you have all the features they didn't enable the menu correctly. I'd take it up with the dealer and Seat Ireland.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, right, I'm going to contact them now.
In worst case I may need to enable it myself...

BTW What about traffic sign recognition. Does anyone have it? Tell?

I wanted to order it but Irish website configurator was misleading so I missed it. I wanted to change the order but then they said it's incompatible with blind spot. :shock:

It was strange as same configuration was compatible on UK site.
Even Seat Ireland was unable to help.

As I have all prerequisities (Navi, ACC etc) it's really a mystery why it is not compatible in Ireland while in the UK it does.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I got that and blind spot. Now that is one that can be turned on by obdeleven if you have the lane assist camera. Mind you I would let them sort out your issues before hacking about.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure, I'd let them work on this before messing out but I was told it's not possible with blind spot. Now I have proof it was spoof. :cool:

I presume I have lane assist camera in the windscreen under mirror.
At least lane keeping is working.
I get steering wheel corrections when approaching lane lines. Based on manual - camera in windscreen is responsible for that.
Dashboard lamp become green when lane is detected and line indicator display changes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awaiting reply from Set Ireland...

But in the meantime... Definitely there is something built-in looking like a camera.... :roll:

Cloud Sky Rectangle Wood Water

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The traffic sign recognisition that can be turned on if you got that lane assist camera, to be clear. On the build data you look for multi function camera.

On mine

QK1 With multifunction camera

It is the one in the windscreen used by lane assist.

This is the OBDELEVEN / VCDS adjustment used to get elements that fall between the marketing tables. Speedometer Light Font Line Screenshot

The OBDELEVEN app which enables is below where it says you need the multifunction camera. That comes with drive pack 1 and above.

Driving Assistance Pack 1: Includes: high beam assist/lane assist (includes Convenience Pack) - - - £391.67 £78.33 £470.00
Driving Assistance Pack 1: Includes: high beam assist/lane assist - - - - £250.00 £50.00 £300.00
Driving Assistance Pack 2: Includes: high beam assist/lane assist/traffic sign recognition - - - - £320.83 £64.17 £385.00
Advanced Driving Assistance Pack: Includes: Driving Assistance Pack1/blind spot
detection/rear cross traffic alert (includes Convenience Pack) - - - £658.33 £131.67 £790.00
Advanced Driving Assistance Pack: Includes: Driving Assistance Pack 1/
blind spot detection/rear cross traffic alert - - - - £516.67 £103.33 £620.00
Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus2: Includes: Traffic Jam Assist/Emergency Assist/
Adaptive Cruise Control/Driving Assistance Pack 2/Pedestrian Protection/ Blind Spot Detection/
Rear Cross Traffic Alert. (Not available in combination with other Driving Assistance Packs)
Wonder where you have the advanced driving assistance pack when they should have offered you the bottom one based on the UK brochure. It's the bottom one that I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm very happy that it's possible to enable that. I have to order obdeleven...

In Ireland the option listed were a bit different:
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

Last grey column is Xcellence

The process was misleading and I've ordered top and most expensive Advanced (PC8) which I was hoping will contain everything.
Other bits in my config are: WAC, PK2, PCT. (Just noticed PSS self dipping mirror is also not enabled in my menu but we covered this in different thread.)

Later I found it does not have traffic sign recognition. Traffic sign recognition was available only as part of Pack 2 (PDS) but it does not have blind spot + rear traffic.

I wanted to change the order to have PDS + PC7 (blind spot) but they said it's incompatible. They even updated brochures and new printings:
http://www.seat.ie/content/dam/countries/ie/models/brochure/ateca/ateca-brochure.pdf - page 68/69

Same config on UK site was available with no exclusions.
From this I reckon it's only mental (or market-dependent) limitation and not real hardware limit.

'Lane assist guidance' ensures me with this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I have Lane Assist and Traffic Sign recognition plus ACC.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I like your little toy Freddie. That is like my screen I posted up in December. Essentially our cars are identical in that respect.

PCH, it can get confusing with all those codes and addins and the printed materiel saying one thing and the configurator another thing which was the case back in July. I should think Obdeleven will sort it out for you on the traffic sign recognition so you will be able to enjoy the beeps when you speed above the speeds it reads off the signposts if you enable the speed warnings. I find it very good.

You can even save yourself the units if you follow the Spanish link where they tell you how to do it in Obdeleven without using their app script. Either way when you buy the Pro version you get enough credits to use the inclusive app. I don't use the ring pull bit of it now, getting use to grabbing the edge.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts