Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me what the latest maps and software details are regarding my 22 plate Ateca Excellence. The dealer assures me that all updates were carried out before delivery. I would just like to know for sure as I had a bad experience on a previous Ateca when the maps were way out of date. Any information would be appreciated. Also, is the lane assist system enabled with the ignition or does it need to be switched on separately?

·
Registered
71 reg silver experience DSG 1.5
18 Posts
When I picked mine up, lane assist was on for the journey home. It irritated me so much, I switched it off (easily done in the assist menu) and has been off ever since. Probably the most useless gadget ever put in a car - unless you are in the habit of sleeping while you drive!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Once you switch on it will be left on. I am happy with it, but reading many comments suggest that not many are 😂

·
Registered
Seat Ateca Xperience 1.5 DSG, Rhodium Grey, 2021 / 71
58 Posts
I have had Lane Assist switched on since getting the car. I don't see why people are not happy with it. It warns when you drift over a lane so surely thats a good thing but should hardly ever activate if you driving within lanes.

There is one road I travel along occasionally which is quite narrow and it comes on a number of times which I find quite fun actually and then its a challenge to drive within the lanes to see if I can avoid it coming on.

I'd be interested to hear from people that are not happy with it about why not. What circumstances are causing it to come on when you don't want it to come on?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lane assist simply doesn't work safely on country roads where I live, when switched on, you spend most of the time fighting the steering wheel as it tries to stop you crossing the imaginary white lines. Even on the 'A' roads around here, it constantly pulls the car back to where it thinks you should be, which isn't where you need to be. I used it for 2 days and turned it permanently off as it's dangerous.

Reactions: That Jeff
1 - 6 of 6 Posts