Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my side trims fitted at the weekend and took a couple of photos this evening.

Hopefully helps others if not quite sure on how they look.

Pretty easy to fit but you only get one chance of getting the position right as once the sticky tape on the trims touches the door plastic its stuck good (using 3m adhesion promoter).

Thinking about the silver mirror caps aswell now.... Not sure how they would look though?

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice job - adds a certain symmetry

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very nice, especially the colour. These side trims are included in my spec which is due to be built wk 15 (next week)
Having seen your photo, I'm glad I included them. Mine is also Lava Blue 1.4TSI Excellence with sunroof, auto tailgate and spare wheel.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chocoholic said:
Very nice, especially the colour. These side trims are included in my spec which is due to be built wk 15 (next week)
Having seen your photo, I'm glad I included them. Mine is also Lava Blue 1.4TSI Excellence with sunroof, auto tailgate and spare wheel.
Impeciable taste!

·
Registered
778 Posts
She does look very pretty - must admit that I've never really gone for additional trims etc. but those side trims are growing on me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
She looks great

I must admit the side trims do look good

·
Registered
286 Posts
Etchings said:
She does look very pretty - must admit that I've never really gone for additional trims etc. but those side trims are growing on me.
Personally I don't see them as additional Trims...

I always get the impression that the way car manufacturers go about designing cars is to first design how they intend the car to look, then deliberately re-design the bolt on parts (bumpers, Trims & Wheels) to look less appealing and use the result as the low spec base price of the model (S & SE spec) while then charging a hefty premium to buyers to get the car as it was supposed to look in the first place (fr/Xcellence trims).

That might be a bit unfair in the Atecas case, but I certainly feel that is what Seat have done with the Leon and Ibiza. I suspect by the time Ateca launched its design was already dating since it is heavily copied from the Leon, which launched back in 2012 and is itself is currently re-launching with a facelift and SEAT'S way of sprucing up the design until the Fr arrived was to offer the trims as extras. But that's just my humble opinion... :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks very nice, might have to go for them myself as I'm also sporting lava blue! Which over the weekend I washed and found it HAS to be dried after washing or else it suffers from water spots....doh....keep the pictures coming!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I found that too even when using rain water but it does look gorgeous when freshly washed especially in the sun!

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
NeoVector said:
Yeah I found that too even when using rain water but it does look gorgeous when freshly washed especially in the sun!
That looks really nice! Great Job. Got any more pics? I.e. From front at normal eye level to show off the grille surround? And whats with the Fr Badge? And it should be a bit higher btw! :lol:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Uggzy2014 said:
NeoVector said:
That looks really nice! Great Job. Got any more pics? I.e. From front at normal eye level to show off the grille surround? And whats with the Fr Badge? And it should be a bit higher btw! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I hadn't even spotted the FR badge, very topical and controversial :D ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Couldn't get it level with the Seat badge without it being wonky as there are two bolts that go through the grill to secure it. Just fancied a little bit of fun/humour :lol:

Hope this one helps

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
NeoVector said:
Yeap beautiful washed (and dried) and well done, nice fr badge! X

1 - 13 of 13 Posts