Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all.

Not quite out in my order yet. Was looking at the Samoa Orange but wasn't sure if I REALLY liked it or not.

I haven't seen a Lava Blue one in the flesh :( has any one got any photos they could post?

I found this video
at about 5minutes 40second there is a comparison between the orange and the blue but it looks quite a bight day there and was thinking it might look completely different with our Great British dull days.

Thanks in advance fir any photos or opinions you can give.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Seat and Skoda share a number of paint colours, not Samoa Orange. To find one of the colours on a Skoda you fill in the Seat configurator, save the PDF and look at the paint code, that code is a common code between Seat and Skoda although the name might be different. Google paint code. Then you can take yourself off to a Skoda or Seat dealer to view cars in that colour. Seat have a range of model cars with the code on the edge. You really need to view the colour outdoors to get an idea not in artificial light, not really in a picture.

·
Registered
122 Posts
NeoVector said:
Good afternoon all.

Not quite out in my order yet. Was looking at the Samoa Orange but wasn't sure if I REALLY liked it or not.

I haven't seen a Lava Blue one in the flesh :( has any one got any photos they could post?

I found this video
at about 5minutes 40second there is a comparison between the orange and the blue but it looks quite a bight day there and was thinking it might look completely different with our Great British dull days.

Watch Autogefühl video on Youtube. Thomas, German presenter, briefly introduces a Lava Blue Ateca in English.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bagheera said:
NeoVector said:
Good afternoon all.

I found this video

Watch Autogefühl video on Youtube. Thomas, German presenter, briefly introduces a Lava Blue Ateca in English.
You obviously didn't press the link to the video :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
In the flesh Lava Blue is darker than it looks in the configurator. More subdued. Could be my screen not representing the colours quite right.

Not sure. :?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone. I've always been a fan of dark cars (grey to be more specific) and the orange is just too extrovert for me. Have decided on the Lava blue as its at least a bit of colour rather than grey (again) or silver.

·
Registered
118 Posts
NeoVector said:
Good afternoon all.

I found this video

I have posted some photos of my Lava Blue here.

http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=312&start=10

I can confirm that it is quite dark in the English winter, but hides the dirt well....

If you want any more photographs, just ask...

·
Registered
189 Posts
When we saw it in the brochure, I thought it looked nice, and then I saw a few Vitaras and other things in a similar colour, and decided they were all trying too hard to be cool. So we were going to go for the Rodium Grey, but then in a showroom it looked green, and we've obviously started a trend with our mid-grey i10, and now all the neighbours have something mid/dark grey. So since himself vetoed the orange (thankfully, it turns out!) we had another look at the Lava Blue, in the flesh at the dealers. It's less green than in the brochure, a little bit darker. Best option of the lot really.

·
Registered
280 Posts
A lot of thee metallic colours seem to take on a different hue depending whether they are viewed in a showroom environment, or outside in natural daylight!

Personally I thought that the Rodium Grey had a hint of blue, which all goes to show... something or other! :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wiz2003 said:
NeoVector said:
Good afternoon all.

I found this video

I have posted some photos of my Lava Blue here.

http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=312&start=10

I can confirm that it is quite dark in the English winter, but hides the dirt well....

If you want any more photographs, just ask...
Thanks wiz2003, it was actually your photos that helped me finally decide!

Just waiting on the online broker site I'm using to come back to me, hopefully with the same decent discount I had been quoted before (with more options though).

Couldn't believe how quiet the 1.4 was on my test drive yesterday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts