Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My Golf Lease is coming to and end this year, i was wondering if anyone knows of any deals going around?
I'm after a 1.4 Xcellence, i'd like some options but don't want to get silly on costs so was also wondering if anyone has any genuine recommendations, is the xcellence pack worth pushing the boat out for for example.

Any thoughts gracefully received.

Thanks
J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Hi Lingus, really impressed with 1.4 TDI xcellence and as you can see did'nt order many extras, only heated windscreen, you can go on and on and keep adding thousands to the price, your getting a lot of kit with the xcellence, so very good choice of spec already. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Taffy2 said:
Hi Lingus, really impressed with 1.4 TDI xcellence and as you can see did'nt order many extras, only heated windscreen, you can go on and on and keep adding thousands to the price, your getting a lot of kit with the xcellence, so very good choice of spec already. :cool:
Yeah you won't feel hard done to with a standard Xcellence.

I've always used this site for lease comparisons, seems reasonable.

https://www.contracthireandleasing.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
It's really tempting when you see all the fab options available. But I stopped and realised that the Xcellence trim already has some great features as standard, and I didn't actually need any of the options.

Of course I haven't got my car yet, and I might find that I regret that I can't waft my foot around under the boot. But I'm pretty happy with my choice at this point :)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies so far, shame that you need to have park assist just to get the front parking sensors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
lingus said:
Thanks for the replies so far, shame that you need to have park assist just to get the front parking sensors.
It's the same with Dab, you can only get it with Sat Nav, which is a bit of a shocker in 2017.

Also you can only get an electric tailgate with the virtual pedal (I don't need help opening it, just closing it).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I have an SE 1.0 which I lease through work so currently make a savings on tax blah blah.

I didn't go for excellence etc as I just don't need all the fancy smancy extras - although Kindness might tell you everyone needs them haha.

I honestly have exactly all the features I need and nothing more. I didn't go for sat nav as I can plug my phone in and that works really well on the infotainment screen. I wasn't bothered about full LED lights etc.

But maybe this is because I am leasing it, if I was purchasing it possibly would have gone up a "band" as I'd intend on keeping the car for 10 years. Whereas leasing is 3 to 4.

I originally picked the S model, very glad I went up a band
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
David_S said:
lingus said:
Thanks for the replies so far, shame that you need to have park assist just to get the front parking sensors.
It's the same with Dab, you can only get it with Sat Nav, which is a bit of a shocker in 2017.

Also you can only get an electric tailgate with the virtual pedal (I don't need help opening it, just closing it).
I was a bit shocked by the lack of DAB without Navigation. In fact I was a bit shocked that nav wasn't standard on SE trim. It was one of the things that persuaded me to go to Xcellence. Well that and the leather, the convenience pack and the LED lights 😀
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
abby1234519 said:
I have an SE 1.0 which I lease through work so currently make a savings on tax blah blah.

I didn't go for excellence etc as I just don't need all the fancy smancy extras - although Kindness might tell you everyone needs them haha.

I honestly have exactly all the features I need and nothing more. I didn't go for sat nav as I can plug my phone in and that works really well on the infotainment screen. I wasn't bothered about full LED lights etc.

But maybe this is because I am leasing it, if I was purchasing it possibly would have gone up a "band" as I'd intend on keeping the car for 10 years. Whereas leasing is 3 to 4.

I originally picked the S model, very glad I went up a band
I think if you had an Xcellence you'd probably be saying you need the niceties too. I can certainly see the appeal of the SE Tech, if only for the LED lights as once drive the Ateca with them you certainly wouldn't want to be driving one without.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Hi abbey1234519,
which phone app are you using for satnav?.
I haven't got my car yet but am exploring the options :)

edit: sorry, realised my post is nothing about leasing, please move if required admin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
jimbrimble said:
I was a bit shocked by the lack of DAB without Navigation. In fact I was a bit shocked that nav wasn't standard on SE trim. It was one of the things that persuaded me to go to Xcellence. Well that and the leather, the convenience pack and the LED lights 😀
I too looked carefully at the options available on the SE and the Xcellence, and although i wanted some of the options on the top of the range model, I am not a great lover of leather seats, so eventually decided to go for an SE with the addition of the extra options which I considered to be the most desirable and affordable, although I am sure that other folk will have different views.

This saved me quite a bit of money and gave me exactly the car I required at, of course, a lower monthly payment.

All I have to do now is to wait for another 10 days or so, before I can finally get my hands on it! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
David_S said:
abby1234519 said:
I have an SE 1.0 which I lease through work so currently make a savings on tax blah blah.

I didn't go for excellence etc as I just don't need all the fancy smancy extras - although Kindness might tell you everyone needs them haha.

I honestly have exactly all the features I need and nothing more. I didn't go for sat nav as I can plug my phone in and that works really well on the infotainment screen. I wasn't bothered about full LED lights etc.

But maybe this is because I am leasing it, if I was purchasing it possibly would have gone up a "band" as I'd intend on keeping the car for 10 years. Whereas leasing is 3 to 4.

I originally picked the S model, very glad I went up a band
I think if you had an Xcellence you'd probably be saying you need the niceties too. I can certainly see the appeal of the SE Tech, if only for the LED lights as once drive the Ateca with them you certainly wouldn't want to be driving one without.
I'm with Abby on this. Ultimately the car will be my son's 2nd/upgrade car in several years. He'll be able to change bulbs for peanuts and the black roof rails are our preferred choice (did the First Edition have black ones?). That and the 1.0 engine sealed it for me - other marques take note.

Hopefully these elements will keep insurance costs down too.

Although I've not driven a car with LEDs, I've had xenons but don't think they're worth the upgrade costs. However as a step up the trim ladder they'll undoubtedly help preserve the car's value which feeds back into lease costs. Not a consideration for me as it'll be worth little more than scrap at the end of my son's or both sons' ownership.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
A man of my own heart on not liking leather seats. Alcantara is available on the Xcellence outside the UK but deemed to be not worthy for the UK. My theory at the end of the day it is that Seat UK do it like this to keep up the resale value at the end of the PCP / lease, so they can be cleaned down and go onto the next customer. Think it is about their fleet rather than the buyers wishes, so private buyers have to lump it or leave it. I lumped it since I wanted 4WD so no other option at that stage and the Tiguan I judge to be plain ugly in comparison.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
You could argue that, in the UK, there is a demand for heated seats and the winter pack, so that forced them to include the leather.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
I don't think so since you could say this for northern mainland countries just as cold. I reckon as said it's the funding method and they regard as their fleet of hire cars which these are going lease out again after a wash down.

It's the cold leather why you need the heated seats. I suspect I'm going to find the seats too hot in the summer with the sun and colour but we will see. Still has the nice leather smell, honest I didn't say that thou.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
To answer your question re lease options, there are many options out there. I am now leasing a 1.4 Excellence for #267 a month after putting a #1200 down payment. I have a 8k miles a year allowance (10p per mile thereafter), option to buy after 4 years or just return the car a. Suits me. Leasing is the way forward.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
I am also leasing a 1.4 Xcellence (not arrived yet) for £277 a month with one months deposit up front (8k miles a year)... the dealership contributed 500 and odd quid towards the deposit and the metallic paint was free which was a deal SEAT were doing at the time.

I shopped about a lot for lease deals and that was the best I could find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Tell said:
My theory at the end of the day it is that Seat UK do it like this to keep up the resale value at the end of the PCP / lease, so they can be cleaned down and go onto the next customer. Think it is about their fleet rather than the buyers wishes, so private buyers have to lump it or leave it.
I'd argue its probably been focused more on what the major fleet buyers have told SEAT UK they want to have, rather than SEAT UK having an interest either way. There are likely to at least as many PCP'd and leased cars out there that are not out on VW Finance; only those on VW Finance would VW or SEAT really care about resale value, I'd argue.
Major leasing companies are acquiring and supplying major clients (e.g. Leaseplan in my case) and so, if anyone cares about future resale, it would be these companies.
I was at one of the "Inside Ateca" fleet events at Millbrook where the UK Fleet Director and all his guys were: their presentation and message was heavily all about the high RV in these as fleet cars so, for my money, SEAT are playing a strategy for the fleet companies benefit, not their own. when it comes to future disposal values - this helps to miminise fleet companies total cost of ownership during the lease-out period and maximise their profit/return. The "Inside Ateca" event reinforced the fact that very signficant % of Ateca's are expected to be sold into fleet use, than simply to private buyers at the end of the day.
When all is said and done, the addtional re-sale premium for leather is likely to be relatively small anyway :D
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just an update from me, i've ordered my lease Ateca and it will be a 1.4tsi Xcellence in Mato Brown (thanks to the owner who posted his Flickr pics) only option i went for is the double floor for camping reasons :)

Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
gavlar said:
To answer your question re lease options, there are many options out there. I am now leasing a 1.4 Excellence for #267 a month after putting a #1200 down payment. I have a 8k miles a year allowance (10p per mile thereafter), option to buy after 4 years or just return the car a. Suits me. Leasing is the way forward.
Could I ask who you leased your car through please?
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top