Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2017 Ateca and had no issues, until just recently when I saw that one part of the LED light isn't working (see picture). I don't know why doesn't it work or what caused it. If somebody does, please let me know.
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sorry to learn about this. Mine old 2014 Leon did the same, needed a light in the end. Which seat paid thank god, as was near 1200!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Seeing more and more cars with failed DRL's albeit this is the first Ateca.

I'm sure it's going to be a big problem in future because if out of warranty, these things are very expensive and people will be reluctant to replace them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just had a quick google, the light is anything between £180 to £380, I don't if the headlamp leveling motor is part of the assembly, also because the indicator is part of the LED I wonder if that would effect the UK MOT checks.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Furion said:
Just had a quick google, the light is anything between £180 to £380, I don't if the headlamp leveling motor is part of the assembly, also because the indicator is part of the LED I wonder if that would effect the UK MOT checks.
Obviously didn't see one of my earlier posts. Our Ateca was involved in a slight bump last year in which the bumper had to be replaced. Decided it wasn't worth going thru insurance so job went to local bodyshop. He called me next day to say the headlight had also been moved back which broke one of the fixings. He said it looks like he could repair it but if it it required a full new unit it would cost between £750 - £800. :eek:

What website said anything between £180 to £380?

My main car, a Skoda, is currently being repaired afer hitting a deer with no road sense. You wouldn;t believe how little damage there looks to the car, again I was going to give it to the same repair shop until I discovered the radar unit had been moved and required re-alligining. God knows how much the parts will be but the re-alignment fee is £600 alone. The headlight looked perfectly good to me but had been moved back a fraction. I'm told a Skoda LED unit will be £500 if needed.

The price of these things is unbelievable.

·
Registered
173 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.