Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
To you who already got your Ateca: Congratulations. I can wait for it to be my turn in May - It feels like a second birthday coming up :). Could you tell me when the Ateca's LED lights do what you see in the beginning of this movie?:

Thank you and have a great day!

BR
Thomas

·
Registered
328 Posts
They don't. I'm guessing it's a function you can access via OBDleven or whatever it's called.

Cue response from Tell....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It's as David says a strobe effect. I think in one video, this they changed the digital shutter speed to get it moving even more. I use to have a semi professional video camera (still do but now old) that had the shutter speed knob on it, so in these latest versions of the cameras I'm sure you can do that whilst still filming, that moving strobe effect of a variable speed is how they did it.

Anybody who want to mess with the lights via ODB it will be there but their is a chance of messing the behaviour up. On the ODBELEVEN thread I documented what each of the lighting unit is from Googling and noted on Golf 7 etc where people were having fun with them, hell fire and such names.

I concluded that you can get the front indicators to point, the back will do hell fire. The odbeleven people package these lighting features up as little paid apps for other supported cars, there are only a couple of apps out for the Ateca so far, early days yet on these features. So if you want to have fun with the lights you can but you got to be committed to fiddling with the Adaptation menu of the lighting units mostly in German and be capable of getting back to where you came from. No doubt people will mod Ateca light behaviour at some point.

As they are, the LEDs generally don't disappoint.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, I see... Thank you for the reply everybody!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts