Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So only 2 days into a 150 day wait and already bored.

Anyway we were offered Lifeshine at a discount. As someone who will probably wash the car
but not wax and polish is it worth it for £200. I am assuming not.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
£200 a good price!

Personal opinion is it's a good thing if use road side washes where they spray TFR all over .... as I do

·
Registered
165 Posts
You are better off spending a little more on an actual professional detailing company to prep your car for you. Autoglym lifeshine is often applied by dealership valeters who just dont have the time to prep a car like a professional detailing company would. (Lots of service cars to prep)

There are plenty of car cleaning forums that discuss this.

Personally when i took delivery of the car last week (no lifeshine bought) i treated the leather and interior Friday evening. I then got up early Saturday washed, polished, then HD waxed the car, treated all the trims on the car before cleaning and sealing the wheels. (I used all Autoglym products probably stands me at £130 but it will last me a long time and i had a lot anyway). During all of this i found plenty of protective plastic that had been missed during vehicle prep, which shows how limited their time on preping vehicles is.

Now as someone who enjoys doing this it was daft to get lifeshine as if it isn't applied properly it isn't worth the money. Most detailing companies start about £250 and spend about 4-5 hours doing it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'll just borrow you to do mine the Dunn if you enjoy it lol

I hate washing cars ~ I cant reach the roof without a ladder

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I can't reach without a ladder and I hate heights. Thanks for the advice. I will look for local detailer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
There are so many threads on other forums about how people who have had it regretted spending the money. And then did something themselves.

ps i did have to use four tred steps to get the centre of the roof whilst polishing and HD waxing haha, my lambs wool mitt reaches just fine during washing though :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Dunn VAG Happy said:
There are so many threads on other forums about how people who have had it regretted spending the money. And then did something themselves.
well I'll let you know how mine goes ........... I'll warn them I'm going to talk about it on a forum so they better do a good job :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
As a detailing fanatic, it is not worth it IMO. The trick to a good finish is in the prep work, and the dealers do not prep properly. The paint will have defects from the factory, and the dealership will install defects via poor prepping practice. Taking it to a detailing company will get rid of all of this and give you an almost perfect finish (perfect, IMO, would be wet sanded to remove orange peel).

There are products available now which simplify the process if its not for you. Hydro2 is my go to spray sealant when I don't have time to do a full detail. Really easy to use, but somewhat expensive.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I think I feel better about this now, I've always regarded the extra dealer supplied service a scam to bring in income. Having the car beautifully painted and then the dealer slap other stuff on it, a secret ingredient that the manufacturer doesn't have didn't feel right to me. Since people like doing it, I kept out of the conversation :). I'll stick to infrequent turtle wax.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Belluszyra said:
So only 2 days into a 150 day wait and already bored.

Anyway we were offered Lifeshine at a discount. As someone who will probably wash the car
but not wax and polish is it worth it for £200. I am assuming not.

Thanks
I got offered one free but turned it down as I have 2 in my garage that I got free when I and the mrs last bought our cars and we've never used them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.