Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting for what seems like an eternity, my time has finally arrived and I will be picking up the Ateca tomorrow afternoon. Armed with my list of things to look out for obtained from the forum i should be well prepared for any hiccups that my occur. A few chrome pieces to stick on myself and a nice sunny day and will post the obligatory pics soon. Hav'nt ordered the boot release with the foot wiggle but might just do it so I really will belong to the Ateca club. (Think it's an initiation thing) :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
If you are picking it up tomorrow, then surely it's a bit late to be thinking about adding the boot release' thingy', as i thought that these had to be 'built in' as it were... or am I wrong there?

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow anyway... and that it's a nice dry and sunny afternoon! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Montala, just meant I'd do the dance everyone seems to be doing not to actually get it installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Excited for you Taffy

I'm now nearly up to 2k

I'm finding excuses to go places just to be in her !! I'm doing double my usual miles lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Taffy2 said:
Sorry Montala, just meant I'd do the dance everyone seems to be doing not to actually get it installed.
Oh, I see... but why not just do it anyway... you don't want to feel left out, I'm sure! ;)

Mine should be built next week, so I have a bit longer to wait yet. :(
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
The "virtual release" ;).

There is a health and safety aspect I didn't mention if you do have it. Round the back of hotels and the like the surface isn't level, kerbs, fire escape etc. The technique is to put you foot under then step back quick, not good if you haven't sized out what's behind you. Fine in car parks. I didn't come a cropper but nearly.

Have a good delivery day Taffy2. Snow on Thursday... might be a wimp and not try out the 4x4 on that day.

(BTW I'm at 1,700+ miles)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Just think, you stick your foot under the tailgate and......hey voila!.....it opens the hatch. You will be shocked. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Leon said:
Just think, you stick your foot under the tailgate and......hey voila!.....it opens the hatch. You will be shocked. :)
Haha it might happen

Some who expected the "voila" left red faced so who knows lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be something but my dancing has'nt opened any doors for me as yet. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Quick turnaround for your car that is Taffy. I ordered before you with a similar spec and still haven't got mine although I'm only a couple of weeks away :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah just hope it's not someone's reject :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Taffy2 said:
Yeah just hope it's not someone's reject :eek:
If you don't want it Taffy, I'll take it :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't be greedy now MackyD (Saggy told me to call you that) you got your own, no wonder the waiting time is so long every body wants two. They must be good. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Taffy2 said:
Don't be greedy now MackyD (Saggy told me to call you that) you got your own, no wonder the waiting time is so long every body wants two. They must be good. :cool:
How very dare, Saggy ? :lol: Just cos she's the second highest poster after Tell doesn't mean she can be so familiar, lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only kidding, 'Saggs' - where would this forum be without you ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
mcderms said:
Taffy2 said:
Don't be greedy now MackyD (Saggy told me to call you that) you got your own, no wonder the waiting time is so long every body wants two. They must be good. :cool:
How very dare, Saggy ? :lol: Just cos she's the second highest poster after Tell doesn't mean she can be so familiar, lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only kidding, 'Saggs' - where would this forum be without you ;)
Oi Taffy you promised not to tell

MackyD - it would probably have a few more threads that actually made sense lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
There would be less red hairs about ;).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Purple Tell, purple :cool:

The red was a hood !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Saggy said:
Purple Tell, purple :cool:

The red was a hood !
Purple Tell sounds like a good username; think I'll set up an alter ego on here with that one :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Saggy said:
Purple Tell, purple :cool:

The red was a hood !
You were quick on the draw... purple hmmm. I saw someone like you the other day and I thought of you.

Snow on Thursday, I will be expecting a full report of how the 4WD handles in the snow. Down here it's only going to be snowing for a couple of hours and it will be above freezing so won't settle.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top