Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 reg silver experience DSG 1.5
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 weeks and 700 miles, I am loving most aspects of my new car - especially the handling and ride which I think are exceptional for a car of this type. So far, only the infotainment system is frustrating me - it seems like a retrograde step from my previous Golf and Octavia but that may just be lack of familiarity.
However, I have a rather annoying rattle coming from the boot area of the car which I do not expect and have never had in a new car before. I have removed the parcel shelf and the tyre repair kit, put the towbar up and down, put a bungee under the tailgate and folded the seats down but it is still there when I go over bumps. There is a loosish and flimsy bit of plastic trim on the inside of the boot under where the tailgate shuts which could be the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas before I go down the dealer route?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a similar issue. Turns out it was the drivers side rear seat belt. If it isn't withdrawn or sitting in the right place it rattles

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Xpe, hopefully its something that simple. I did plug the seatbelts in, but I'll have a poke around at the weekend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update - Being a busy man with no time to go to a dealer, after 2 months of wedging bungee cords in the boot to reduce the rattle, I came across this:

Less than 5 minutes to adjust and I now have a blissfully rattle free car! Hopefully this will help someone else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After 2 weeks and 700 miles, I am loving most aspects of my new car - especially the handling and ride which I think are exceptional for a car of this type. So far, only the infotainment system is frustrating me - it seems like a retrograde step from my previous Golf and Octavia but that may just be lack of familiarity.
However, I have a rather annoying rattle coming from the boot area of the car which I do not expect and have never had in a new car before. I have removed the parcel shelf and the tyre repair kit, put the towbar up and down, put a bungee under the tailgate and folded the seats down but it is still there when I go over bumps. There is a loosish and flimsy bit of plastic trim on the inside of the boot under where the tailgate shuts which could be the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas before I go down the dealer route?
Probably the exhaust sheild. Get under the car and give the exhaust a bit of a shake and see if it rattles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts