Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
collected today. Drove 120 miles home in moderate rain. After 111 miles got "ACC sensor malfunction" !! but it had gone away after another 9 miles. ACC is brilliant. 19" wheels do make for a harsh ride. Got 44.8 mpg, pleased with that. Got to spend some time with the book to see how to work things. I'm really pleased with my new Ateca.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
This one's looking particularly sexy! :-D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Jinxy45 said:
collected today. Drove 120 miles home in moderate rain. After 111 miles got "ACC sensor malfunction" !! but it had gone away after another 9 miles. ACC is brilliant. 19" wheels do make for a harsh ride. Got 44.8 mpg, pleased with that. Got to spend some time with the book to see how to work things. I'm really pleased with my new Ateca.
Looks great! There were a couple of med blue ones waiting collection when we ordered ours and I have to say they looked a lot darker and not at all purple, how Bizarre!
Very nice ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm still waiting to see a real photo of a Med Blue S model but yours looks good.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looks fantastic! I can't wait to collect mine on Saturday.

I'm currently in the Algarve flirting between Spain and Portugal and I haven't seen one except in a couple of Seat dealers that I drove past (and obviously popped into!).

The Portugese dealer was just putting the finishing touches to one prior to its handover! :lol:

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The compound they fit on the tyres these days is good as well.

The green grass looks a bit lime as well but the cars looking good.

Think I know where the Lava Blue names comes from not that I've seen one in it only pictures. Think it's been corrupted a few times. It's the milky glacier melt water run off you see in glacier and volcanic areas that turn pools of water light blue due the particle suspension of the ground debris of rock. Called rock flour by some.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_flour

But Seat called it Lava Blue, bit more sexy. Put myself up for a prize in cracking that one.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=rock+flour+colour&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwji6eHyy_zSAhUJgLwKHViPBbwQ_AUICSgB&biw=768&bih=892

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=lava+blue+seat&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi__umzzPzSAhXEzbwKHVHUAyMQ_AUICSgB&biw=768&bih=892

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
But Seat called it Lava Blue, bit more sexy. Put myself up for a prize in cracking that one.
you obviously missed this link someone posted at some point

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Haven't been looking at video takes too much of my mobile allowance up when I can't connect on wifi. Hmmm note the Lava Blue pool in the picture of melt / run off water. The suggestion would be it burns blue only if gas.... been driving threw alot of extracted mineral mountains and heaps today destined for India with many mineral colours for the Indian car market perhaps :). They bought the mines, probably got in ahead of China. I dunno but a weird sight spoiling otherwise virgin forests.

Probably a video to defend the Lava Blue colour when it's the gas burning off rather than molten lava.... which naturally I've walked across on the Hawaii Big Island where it's scary enough. That's listed as one of the risky things I've done in my life. Two miles hike as it's getting dark. Cross the flowing lava field as it's getting dark, photograph the molten lava (red) dropping into the sea after dark, and hiking back. The catch is the two mile hike back is across solidified lava which is glass like if you fall on it. Wear gloves to protect the hands and follow flashing beacons at two hundred metres, don't walk towards the sea since the lava shelves drop off. The silly bit is the fumes you breath in crossing the underground lava field. Each person setting off got their own parks staff health warning of the risks involved.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got the 19s on my vehicle and on rubbish roads they are a tad noisy but on motorways they are terrific, and especially in Bonnie Scotland in the snow we had no problem re getting stuck, just rack up the music to 11 and enjoy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts