Wow looks superb, defo my second favourite colour for the Ateca :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looks great in silver

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Good choice of colour! I would say that wouldn't I.

I had a recent Leon in Ice Silver which looked good, however the Ateca is Reflex silver which is a different paint code. It looks more reflective to me, like it has more Mica which would explain it.

What did you treat the black plastic trim with? It looks really nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very Nice!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fred99 said:
Good choice of colour! I would say that wouldn't I.

I had a recent Leon in Ice Silver which looked good, however the Ateca is Reflex silver which is a different paint code. It looks more reflective to me, like it has more Mica which would explain it.

What did you treat the black plastic trim with? It looks really nice.
I followed the recommendations of Polished Bliss (they are only 20 miles from where I live) and they were as follows:
Paintwork - Carlack Complete followed by Carlack Long Life
Tyres - Gyeon Q2 Tyre
Trim - Gyeon Q2 Trim

Products were not cheap but the results speak for themselves.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It is totally beautiful. I'm struggling to find a colour the Ateca looks bad in. I thought I wouldn't like the Mato Brown, but that also looks great. The Med Blue is classy. The red is flamboyant. Rodium Grey shimmers. Both whites are dazzling. And Samoa Orange? It's beautifully in yer face!

Obviously they are all dwarfed by Lava Blue 😀, but it looks awesome in all colours. What a car!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Always said the Ateca looked best in silver (I've had more than my fair share of silver cars over the years hence not this time) but what really impresses me about these photos is that's an SE you've got there... no fancy LED's, no fancy chrome, no darkened rear tints, no fancy 18" or 19" alloys - it's just a standard SE (from the outside anyway) and your car looks better than somefolk who've just spent over £30k on their car. Well done that man!

PS - bet you don't have problems with the design fault where dirt amasses in your rear doors. :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Golfmk56 said:
Always said the Ateca looked best in silver (I've had more than my fair share of silver cars over the years hence not this time) but what really impresses me about these photos is that's an SE you've got there... no fancy LED's, no fancy chrome, no darkened rear tints, no fancy 18" or 19" alloys - it's just a standard SE (from the outside anyway) and your car looks better than somefolk who've just spent over £30k on their car. Well done that man!

PS - bet you don't have problems with the design fault where dirt amasses in your rear doors. :lol:
Apart from the double floor and a spare wheel, totally to SE spec. With discount, paid £20k for the car. Looked at the Xcellence but I did not need the bells and whistles of that spec not forgetting the not inconsiderable cost increase! I think I can switch my lights and wipers on myself :lol:

Unfortunately I do have the dirt issue at the rear doors but I wash my car often and pay particular attention to that area now that I know of the issue :roll:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Would you be able to take a picture of the DRLs on the standard lights, I'm debating between the SE and SE Tech but haven't seen any shots of the standard DRLs

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GTunney said:
Would you be able to take a picture of the DRLs on the standard lights, I'm debating between the SE and SE Tech but haven't seen any shots of the standard DRLs
Will do it tomorrow for you - weather permitting :roll:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GTunney said:
Unfortunately the pictures do not show the DRL very well in daylight. They are however bright. See the photos attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
My Leon had the same lights. The DRLs are in the headlight assembly in the inside sector of the triangle nearest to the grill. They don't look anything special, they look just like you have left your sidelights on..

If you could swap them for LEDs they might look a bit better.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's the problem with some of the Ateca features you start going around looking at other car features. I now look at how DRLs are implemented, broad dots, tight dots so you don't see them, tubes which have dots in them. Some have very broad dots. Which cars share the rear door arch with the wheel. How water is drained from the rear door....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts