Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

just got a call from my dealership that my Ateca arrived today. It should be ready for pickup this week.
Ordered 10.8.2016.

I am not based in UK however wanted to share the information that now it takes up to 11 months to get the Ateca. Dealer told me that I was lucky to get it in 5+ months.

I will post some photos and videos once I have the car.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Awesome Mike, we look forward to seeing the photos :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Likewise - what Kindness said; enjoy having her at last and get some pics up !! :D

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Which country is that Mike?

It ties in with my experience in Spain. Ordered 2 weeks after yours and due within the next three weeks (allegedly!)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kindness71, Mcderms thanks guys.

Fred99: Slovakia

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still at my dealership... should be able to pick her up on Monday.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Your spec is interesting mike22. We don't have a 1.4 TSI option with 4 drive here in the UK :(

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know Phosphoric and I feel sorry for you. It is strange - why not in UK when its available in other countries. I would not buy Ateca 2wd and manual.
Anyways still waiting for the car. Monday might be the DAY :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far I am really satisfied with the car - love the black leather seats, love how the engine works and behaves - its very quiet. 19" are great even the roads in our country are not that good.

One issue I have though - I was not able to use the virtual pedal - it did not work... worked yesterday. Thinking if I might have disabled it somehow.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A small teaser :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Brown leather seats... whatever next!

Not a UK registered car surely?

No, of course not.... I have just read back a few posts and found the reference to Slovakia.

Anyway, I hope that you are pleased with your new car! :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Montala said:
Brown leather seats... whatever next!

Not a UK registered car surely?

No, of course not.... I have just read back a few posts and found the reference to Slovakia.

Anyway, I hope that you are pleased with your new car! :)
Hi Montala, the car is just great. I am really impressed! Brown leather seats look different on photos so I was a bit affraid because they looked a bit brown-orange. Fortunately they look better in reality.

I am having problems with Virtual pedal though :-( it worked the first day... does not work now.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Problem solved - it was turned off in settings :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Brown leather seats as in the Irish option. Actually, I can ask you a question on the basis the upholstery is brown. I thought the all black was good on the panoramic roof since it made the blind non transparent. What colour is your blind and does like pass through it ?.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will have to check but I have not noticed any light coming through. The blind is black. I was sick so did not have a chance to drive much or study the car.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks if it's black it's like mine. I prefer it black so when the blind is closed its dark. A new Tiguan I sat in which had the light upholstery and panels also had a light blind which the light passed through, so was pleased when I got mine and it worked the way I wanted it. Perhaps all Atecas have the black blind irrespective of seat colours and side panels.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
It may be because the Xcellence models always have black roof linings. It could be different on the SE. I expect that most buyers who specify the roof will have the Xcellence models.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
One of those train spotting moments. Suspect they won't have massive stocks of the roofs so it may be Henry Ford whilst Tiguan owners get the colours. I'd assumed the European Xcellence side colours go up into the roof. Tiguan ones do. This was what I was worried about without seeing it that I would get filtered light when closed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mine is black as well.

Btw the only thing I dont like about Ateca is its front wipers. They leave a space on the side which they do not cover... I am used to Leon's wipers which end on sides.

·
Registered
286 Posts
mike22 said:
Mine is black as well.

Btw the only thing I dont like about Ateca is its front wipers. They leave a space on the side which they do not cover... I am used to Leon's wipers which end on sides.
It's hard not to nitpick crossing from a leon isn't it? Both great looking cars in different ways, Wish I could keep both! :lol: My Ateca gripes are the exterior plastic trim, the bland UK interior upholstry options and the led door strips not being as well blended in as the leons. I'm surprised the stitching on Excellence models isnt more prominent like on Leon FR's, its a bit to conservative imo.

Not sure yet how I feel about black roof lining, felt a bit too dark inside on my gloomy overcast day test drive, would have gone for SE trim to avoid it but didnt like the blue cloth on offer. I love the practicality of the Ateca and I'm looking forward to stepping out of the seats rather than rolling out of the super low leons! :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.