Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An unusual thing happened to me the other day that I thought worth sharing. I'd just booked into a hotel and had been given a slip of paper to show I was authorised to park there. On returning to the car I did as required and placed it on the dashboard so it could be seen. However, as soon as I opened the car door a gust of wind blew the paper across the dashboard where it then "disappeared " down a thin gap between the back of the dashboard and the inside of the windscreen. I had a quick go at trying to retrieve it with a credit card but gave up in fear that would go the same way.

I finally got it out today by pushing a piece of cardboard along the go and booked the paper out.

It is hard to even see that there is a gap there but as many of us place parking tickets, eta on the dash it is worth being aware of it's existence particularly if a £50 note goes missing!

So Mind the Gap!
Jim..

·
Registered
979 Posts
JimBob said:
An unusual thing happened to me the other day that I thought worth sharing. I'd just booked into a hotel and had been given a slip of paper to show I was authorised to park there. On returning to the car I did as required and placed it on the dashboard so it could be seen. However, as soon as I opened the car door a gust of wind blew the paper across the dashboard where it then "disappeared " down a thin gap between the back of the dashboard and the inside of the windscreen. I had a quick go at trying to retrieve it with a credit card but gave up in fear that would go the same way.

I finally got it out today by pushing a piece of cardboard along the go and booked the paper out.

It is hard to even see that there is a gap there but as many of us place parking tickets, eta on the dash it is worth being aware of it's existence particularly if a £50 note goes missing!

So Mind the Gap!
Jim..
You often leave £50 notes on your dash do you, where do you live again? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Funny
I found a lot of parking tickets in that gap in a second hand car a few years ago.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That has just reminded of the time I placed a parking chip on the dash in a previous car. The damn thing slid down through a gap, never to be seen again. I was 8 months pregnant. had a hungry toddler in tow and the gits at the car park made me pay for a full day's parking :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Get one of these, it's the future, I had one built into my Volvo and had to have one in here

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'd say the future is to use app based payment like Ringo or pay by phone

No need for paper in our digital age!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.