Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
wapire71 said:
Was anyone able to enable this feature with additional software?
Hi Wapire,

There's been mention on it here - apparently you can do it with OBDII; wait for Tell to come along later and he'll probably be able to give you the exact settings if you're interested!

·
Registered
526 Posts
is this about the door mirrors? Nice to have I guess, but I have this on my golf and never use it. To enable it was a case of "selecting" the door mirror using the rotary knob that is used to (re)position the door mirror - so for example select R with the knob - and then when you put the car in reverse, the Right door mirror glass will angle down (presumably to help avoid kerbing your shiny new alloys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes exactly that thing, I've found people enable this feature with obdeleven so would like to know if anyone has done it already.

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Kindness71 said:
wapire71 said:
Yes exactly that thing, I've found people enable this feature with obdeleven so would like to know if anyone has done it already.
Yeah a few have already set this using odbeleven. It's all in this post :D

http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=516&hilit=obdeleven

I believe however that there is some issue with repeated use where it does not end up back in the original position.
This is a problem on the mk3 Leon also, It worked fine on both my Leons mirrors when we first took delivery of the car but seemed to have stopped working after a year or so. Didnt really notice straight away. I read the manual a while ago and reset the knob to the L position as it suggests and it now works again but only on the farside mirror, it seems to come back to original position okay but annoying that it doesnt work for drivers side as it was probly one of my favourite feature of the newer Seats :(

·
Registered
526 Posts
so if you set the knob to R, surely it will work for the driver's side..... ?!

·
Registered
286 Posts
kee said:
so if you set the knob to R, surely it will work for the driver's side..... ?!
It originally worked for both at the same time as soon as put into reverse, now it doesnt work for R, had to actually set it up again to work for L and won't seem to allow me ro set it up for the drivers side at all, its a known fault, I think they stopped advertising it as a feature on the Leon because Seat couldn't get it to work properly.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Iv'e been fiddling with the Ateca and It doesn't seem to have mirror dip in reverse function either with the infotainment system or manually by setting it position in reverse with ignition on. I have tried leaving on L and driving off to see if that works but no, Has anyone managed to set this desirable option to work. TIA
John

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was thinking about trying this but had second thoughts on the assumption that the mirror would go bonkers when changing between first and reverse when getting out of a tight spot. Wouldn't that be heating and tiring the motor?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have this working. I did the mod myself with VCDS.
It works as it should with the documented caveats.
When you put it in reverse and the mirror dial is on L, the mirror dips.
If you put it in reverse with the mirror dial on anything else, the mirror doesn't move at all, so you can select if you want the mirror to dip or not before maneuvering.
The caveats I mention is that the mirror does not return to exactly the same position and over time is needs adjusting manually; depends on how often you use it. The limitation is due to the electric seat memory module or something (its only meant to be activated if you have the electric seat option)

G

·
SparK said:
I was thinking about trying this but had second thoughts on the assumption that the mirror would go bonkers when changing between first and reverse when getting out of a tight spot. Wouldn't that be heating and tiring the motor?
Well at least on the Golf I had some years ago, it only worked when the mirror knob was in "R" position (in "L" in your case for RHD car). In any other knob position, the mirror dip was not functioning.

·
Registered
931 Posts
SparK said:
'
1: The most obvious answer to that is learn to reverse properly ! :lol:

2: The other answer is if you have concerns, simply flick the mirror adjustment switch to off.

note: learning to reverse properly involves accurately judging how far away from the offside kerb you are for which this dipping mirror feature is a valuable aid. All other VW cars I've owned have had this function, it's one of the very few negatives I have with the Ateca. I wonder if it was deliberately omitted in order people would chose the top view camera option?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, whilst I am still - very patiently - waiting for my Ateca to be delivered :-D this is referred to in the owner's manual on page 28 (yes, I'm sad I've downloaded a copy!) - does it mean this feature is disabled on the actual car menu on the touchscreen? I have this feature on my current car and I do find it very useful.

·
Registered
82 Posts
SparK said:
It doesn't return when you select first gear. You have to go over approximately 10mph for it to return. Therefore, unless you are exiting from this tight spot rather quickly you wouldn't have any problems with over-using the motor.

I used VCDS to enable it on my previous Skoda and on the Ateca. The Skoda had 30k on it before it went and no issues.

In fact, you could argue that regular exercising of the motor is a good thing and prevents things sticking in place as mirrors are seldomly adjusted.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Isn't this irrelevant if you have the 360 camera as you get the same if not better view of kerb edge?

·
Registered
240 Posts
daesimps said:
SparK said:
It doesn't return when you select first gear. You have to go over approximately 10mph for it to return. Therefore, unless you are exiting from this tight spot rather quickly you wouldn't have any problems with over-using the motor.
Now that's a useful reply I was looking for, thanks. That would solve the problem I thought of.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts