Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In looking for people with fog lights warning issues on the German board I've found people with missing foot well lights.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.ateca-forum.de/&prev=search

On this thread

https://www.ateca-forum.de/index.php/Thread/1683-Fehlende-Fußraumbeleuchtung/?postID=25455&s=75d22f7d30dbdbb3359316eb4af00251be401993

Well I've only got them on the drivers side. Anyone got them on the passenger side in the UK ?. They are supposed to be on both sides. Front and rear least in the German spec haven't checked what the English spec says. They have been dishing out compensation. Owners have been checking their bulb holders.

Well I reckon no UK cars will have the rear foot well lights ?. But what about the passenger side, although I'm wondering whether that is toggled on from the setup menu.

Ah, I can see why customer services have been so helpful with me I just checked my saved PDF at the time of order "Interior light in footwell in front and rear". There you go. I haven't spoken to them about this, past issues.

I don't know whether it still throws this up for people ordering now. I'm less bothered about rear foot well lights but what about front passenger side, anybody ?. I might try the setup menu after dark tonight to see whether left and right, on / off is configurable.

Page 138 of the manual. Mine is full LED. So as part of the ambient setup I get a drivers footwell light on, phone area but nothing on the passenger side. Doors open, what happens on the passenger side, got to check.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are those the ones that are on when driving as part of the ambient setup. I guess so and no I just got the driver side for that, I'd assumed it was a drivers aid and the passenger didn't need it. Are those LED ?. I might be crying Wolf and haven't toggled them on correctly or with the European build of not having the wireless charger they deleted that as well.

I don't reckon any Ateca's have been built with rear footwell light although the spec early on says they have.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm pretty sure in Thomas' first full review he shows the foot-well lights and how you can adjust the brightness through the infotainment system, its the bit when he talks about making it like a discotec. The same place as where you can change the door ambient colours. Should definitely be in the passenger foot-well as well :?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I just have single colour lights in both foot wells, don't have the ones in doors etc that do the disco effect, can dim brightness on the setup, and they stay on when driving..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks both I'm going to go out with a bit of card to kneel on and see what I spot on the passenger side. Suggesting is on that German site you find an empty bulb holder. If it illuminates with the door open which I assume how the drivers side works then it may be in the menu. Failing all of that I'll look at Thomas video, but it is something that they have screwed in Germany. They have been offering 150 Euros in compensation for there misbuilds on this one.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Noooooo. They didn't fit one on the passenger side. I have the photographic evidence when Photobucket stops feeling poorly.

So I'm thinking either the "Full LED" cars they omitted the passenger foot well light or they had a European build which mine belongs to with the missing wireless charger and the passenger foot well light got deleted as well.

I'd be grateful if any Xcellence owners could have a look, I guess First Edition will be the same as the Xcellence ones if they are all the same on "Full LED" spec. Think what we established is it went into some SE cars. May be they fixed this missing build issue or all Full LEDs get built like mine ?.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got them both sides in my car, Xcellence trim level, the passenger side isn't in the same place as the drivers side, it is right at the back of the footwell near the side of the car.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here we go Photobucket issues over...

Passenger side left:

Panning to the right were you said it isn't

The driver side with

Basically there seem to be two things going on here, I guess no Ateca's have the rear foot well lights, then there is a second set that have no passenger foot well light.

PS if you post a pictures of yours, I'll post my gap :)... may be I have to spin the camera further to the left to show the gap or may be it's evident.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I cannot see why just having one light would make sense. The difference in cost would be negligible. My Leon has two.

Actually I can't see the point unless you want to be able to admire your footwear while driving or are in the habit of dropping things on the floor!

Admittedly, if you have the multicolour option it adds a bit of ambience.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Think I'm winding myself up for another complaint since somebody obviously knows it isn't on this car but neglected to say anything and none as far as I can tell have the rear lights. The German posters were getting a bit annoyed.

The idea is to make it easy to find things that you drop or slip off the leather seats when you stop fast. The breaks are sharp. I strap my shoulder bag with the tablet in it over the passenger seat so it doesn't fly into the passenger foot well.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Fred99 said:
I cannot see why just having one light would make sense. The difference in cost would be negligible. My Leon has two.

Actually I can't see the point unless you want to be able to admire your footwear while driving or are in the habit of dropping things on the floor!

Admittedly, if you have the multicolour option it adds a bit of ambience.
True, Fred - but the footwell lighting is white only, whereas the coloured lighting is in the door cards. Both can be separately varied in intensity at least. However, I now think that interior lighting may be just a little confused;by whim I mean:

Footwells - white only
Door cards - variable colour
Ambient light from overhead console - red only
Front storage/USB/Wireless Charge - white only
All instrument backlighting - red only

I've set my doors to red (like Saggy will have ;) so it's all either white or red.

I'm sure in a very early spec I read about, SEAT had intended that the colours in the door cards would change with the drive profile chosen; don't think that's happened in the final cut :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
McDerms' I am taking it you got the passenger foot well light as well. I'm sure my mapped spec due to the Navi Plus produced what I got but then it's change somewhere in Europe they must spec down these cars. Like that missing alarm button I will have another final look just in case I managed to turn it off on the front console and I've missed it. Perhaps Saggy or you can post a picture of it then I'll know where to direct the tablet for the picture. I use a strip LED light for the picture :).

Hopefully when I see the picture I'll see the gap of where it should be. Pretty sure it's not over hard on the left not illuminating but I'd like conformation so I can say, yep not there. All of this came up since I was looking on the German site for Giggzy fog issue and saw the five page post on thist.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
McDerms' I am taking it you got the passenger foot well light as well. I'm sure my mapped spec due to the Navi Plus produced what I got but then it's change somewhere in Europe they must spec down these cars. Like that missing alarm button I will have another final look just in case I managed to turn it off on the front console and I've missed it. Perhaps Saggy or you can post a picture of it then I'll know where to direct the tablet for the picture. I use a strip LED light for the picture :).

Hopefully when I see the picture I'll see the gap of where it should be. Pretty sure it's not over hard on the left not illuminating but I'd like conformation so I can say, yep not there. All of this came up since I was looking on the German site for Giggzy fog issue and saw the five page post on thist.
Tell - I will try to photograph the footwell lights today (Saturday) and post up pictures; Saggy might be able to get there before me on that one, as I owe her one when it comes to stealing her thunder....am still apologetic on that one :oops:

·
Registered
581 Posts
mcderms said:
Tell - I will try to photograph the footwell lights today (Saturday) and post up pictures; Saggy might be able to get there before me on that one, as I owe her one when it comes to stealing her thunder....am still apologetic on that one :oops:
Thunder stolen... :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
thanks Ghiggz because I had forgotten anyway that I was meant to do it lol :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks all. I'll have another look just in case it was tucked away round that corner, off. I had concentrated on the middle and right edge. Then I'm going to take it up with Seat. I'm sure they know, my case is still open with them so we are due to speak, so I'll bring it forwards. Have a good read of the German thread before.

Still in the back of my mind what else may be missing like the Traffic Assist that doesn't appear as a named menu option. Anyone with this can confirm it's not named on the menu. I think it's there since the car did drive itself but...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
Thanks all. I'll have another look just in case it was tucked away round that corner, off. I had concentrated on the middle and right edge. Then I'm going to take it up with Seat. I'm sure they know, my case is still open with them so we are due to speak, so I'll bring it forwards. Have a good read of the German thread before.

Still in the back of my mind what else may be missing like the Traffic Assist that doesn't appear as a named menu option. Anyone with this can confirm it's not named on the menu. I think it's there since the car did drive itself but...
Tell - Pages 216 onwards in manual. Traffic Assist is a "function" of Lane Assist and ACC working together. In other words, they must both be ON. However, you can have these both ON and deselect the Traffic Assist through the Assist Systems settings on the infotainment unit. Maybe yours is deselected? But you'll still need the other system on for it to work :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Mcderm I will look for those magic words. It was the magic word "traffic assist" I'm looking for just in case that got deleted. It was driving itself the other day.... but then it was also driving itself when ACC was off....

I decided that Lane Assist in towns interrupts the music too much, pops the menu up, safe to move, drops the car sound although you can adjust it. The proximity sensors also seem more alive. Think most of the time I will have Lane Assist / ACC off and toggle on when needed rather than leaving them live. A bit weird wrestling with the steering wheel when you want to position it different to the car and yes I possibly shouldn't be using it on bendy country roads.

I'll have a check for that when I take the picture of the left passenger footwell without the light.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.