Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a dash cam for Christmas and wanting to hard wire it i went on the hunt for the fuse box, so following the manual i removed the drivers side cover, shock horror, its not there, now am i the only one or has some idiot at the factory put it behind the glove box (UK models) but where it should be on left hand drive vehicles? :?: :|

Ps when i hard wire the cam i will do a thread on that.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Not got mine yet, so this is from memory of other VAG cars. I seem to recall it was on the end of the dashboard rather than under the steering wheel, so have a look at the side where the closed door would normally hide it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being a VAG car owner for some time that is where i looked next but the side of dash moulding wouldn't come off like it did in my A3. Hope i find it soon!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Have you tried the passenger side ?. Based on my examination of footwell there was an interesting lug underneath. They might have just dropped it lower although difficult to get at. Perhaps that's where my light went, perhaps you disconnect to access the fuse area and they never put it back... just a theory.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Is this parts site any good.. seems to show it coming in from the side?

May be not if North is straight on and the 937-000 is the one for LHD only perhaps.

http://nemiga.com/cat_spares/etka/seat/at/893/937000/

I'll put the site up on a main thread since its got other goodies in it.

You can register your VIN and after a few days if it works, see your parts.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Ah well going round the houses I think you will find it in this PDF which deals with fitting tow bar electrics and fuse box to me is behind the glove box on RHD... may be the side, but for doing this task you have to remove the fuse box so that's what it covers. Glove box coming out etc. There is a side panel page 4 thou... whether the front is behind that and you don't need to remove the glove box. For Xcellence you would have the CD / DVD drive... you have Seat sound, if you do it check whether the MOST is connected:).

Take the first on the Google

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=87502214+-+29500602RC-CD+SEAT+Ateca+ab+06-16+-+Right+Connections&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=-QdoWOHFFMLO8gfam5dg

Screen shot from PDF but have a good look

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so from the photo you can just make out the fuse box, behind the drop down glove box :oops: im gunna say it... what a shit design, and not where the manual suggests either :oops: now short of breaking my glovebox i see no easy way of unclipping the glove box drawer to drop out of the way. I will call the local stealers where i bought the car on Tuesday and ask them about it, after all i dont want to break it if there is a trick to it. Will post back when i know more.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Unless the twiddly bit below allows you to get at the glove box mechanism.

When fully sober might look for some Google's.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It's held by 5 security screws marked up... best of luck, it might not be so bad. I can't see from the document which type of screwdriver is required and size. You'll be able to tell us that when you have done it :). You are in the lead there is not a word about this on the German board.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I get lost with my TX and TX H screwdrivers and end up buying some more after I've carefull put them away with a note of what opens what and forget where I've put them. Not that I ever take anything apart with security screwdrivers and use the hairdryer trick to get the seal off whilst it's in warranty. The H is the tamper proof bit of the TX standard.

If the instructions were decent it should tell you which screwdriver to use. They are torx true from the diagram.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx

Possible trip to Screwfix for you Vag but I expect your garage is well supplied with the standard fair. No hairdryer is required :).

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
PS can we have many photographs of what is behind the glove box. Without going out to look at the car for those screws I guess you will find the fuse box on the left and the CD/DVD/SD unit assembly bolted on the right.

I did ask my dealer where the fuse box was before Xmas and he grabbed the panel you took off. Gave up and said fuses were not customer serviceable parts and also said there was no documentation. There is, it's in the manual. I changed the aircon fuse twice in the life of my Altea which use to heat up, deform the plastic, then make a poor connection which stopped the AC working till you pulled the fuse and put it back in again.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It will be a torx job but it shouldn't be, imagine all the people that dont own these things (im a sparky so doesn't bother me) but you shouldnt have to undo loads of screws to access your fuse box. Crap design if this is the only way to get to it.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Seat in their wisdom must have decided it was more cost effective not to move the wiring over to the other side and dump the issue on service guys. Perhaps the service manager in my dealer had it in the back of his mind as he tugged on the panel on the right then made his excuses that none of the fuses were documented, so there was no point.

I can see myself taking off the draw assembly in the future if I deem a fuse has gone. Anyhow if you are under there have a look for that sound amp that may be lurking under there plugged into the MOST socket at the back of the unit. Nothing plugged in then the Seat Sound system doesn't go all the way as the VW ones. Page 47 of the technical manual. If you happen to be close to the back. The technical manual says the connection isn't used but given how things are different who knows.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm still waiting for delivery of my Ateca, but I was going to wire my dashcam this way. I'll keep an eye on this thread. I may even book a test drive and take apart a demonstrator :twisted:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think I will take mine to the dealer when I get it to get my dash cam wired in. Not sure Leaseplan will appreciate me having a go! I would hope that Leaseplan will cover the cost of it too seeing as a dash cam is a safety feature.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quick Update:
Local dealership have fobbed me off to SEAT UK, will update when i have spoken to them regarding why the fusebox is in the wrong place. And if access is possible without removing the glove box drawer (which i suspect will be a no). If you are wondering why im finding this so annoying, imagine a fuse goes then you remove the glove box break the switch arm for the glove box light and the light gets stuck on continuously, drains your battery or you live without a glovebox light. Just seems like a build mistake.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It's a bit of a carry on. I know the service guys went of for Ateca training perhaps that was removing and fitting the glove box to get at the fuses ;) . Need someone to do a YouTube video.

My dealer is being good at sorting out my issues at the minute.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I stumbled across this video, it seems the 2014 skoda oktavia has the same "hidden" fuse box??

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Good find, it proves that Skoda likes to keep the fuse box on the left even thou they move the steering wheel. That access doesn't remove five screws as per the Ateca PDF. I suppose one should take the Ateca PDF as being correct.

I did try searching for removal of the glove box for the Ateca in German but that through nothing up. On a left hand drive one the fuse box would be there but people would still want to get at the back of the sound system.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts