Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping some existing owners can help me gauge some real world MPG results. I currently have a 4x4 which does 55mpg overall and although I realise that neither of my Ateca model choice can match this I am worried about some of the MPG stories I read elsewhere! 1.4 Tsi in Germany...35mpg!

I am considering either the 1.4TSI FWD DSG, I would prefer 4Drive on this version if it were to be available, or the TDI 190 DSG 4Drive.

There is a£4735 price difference, mainly the TDI enbgine and 4Drive I guess for the two otherwise identical models, Xcellence trim.

I have a fairly heavy right foot, and either do short journeys daily, upto 20 miles or so and then once or twice a month 200+ miles including lots of motorways. My annual mileage is 18,000, but I do not necessarily need to justify the TDI on MPG alone as it is faster and has 4Drive over the 1.4Tsi.

I think that from what I have read the 1.4TSi might only be good for an overall average of 38-40, whereas the TDi might get an average of 45+.

Any feedback would be gratefully received as I test drive the TDi this weekend and then I might try the 1.4 in a manual just to compare and then order ASAP for June delivery.

Many thanks.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
With the TDI 190 DSG 4Drive Saggy and myself are getting an all time average of 42 MPG at about 1,800, so may well be 45 MPG once you lob off the running in period. Although I kept the fill up figures I haven't worked them out, this is taken from the cars system which Freddie with say is out by 3 percent...

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=609&hilit=mpg

Let others supply their TSI figures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tell, looking at your profile, may I ask are the wire elements of the heated windscreen visible in sun light, I had this on a Skoda a few years back and found it very distracting. I wonder whether to risk ordering a heated windscreen again?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I think more visible than were on my skoda

However eyes soon learn to ignore them

Mileage now at 2300m and still 40.4mpg

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You do notice them if you look for them but other than that you don't see them. I got floaters in any case in one eye so I have a double dose. I see more floaters than the filaments.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Outlander,

I've done about 4000 miles in my 1.4 tsi. Annoyingly I stalled the car a few weeks ago and the fuel consumption over this distance was wiped. However from memory it was around 47mpg.

My commute is 18 miles each way and is a mostly single carriageway with a speed limit of 60 mph, about 4 miles of duel carriageway and the rest stop start urban driving.

If I keep at a constant 60 mph for a decent distance I can achieve the combined 53mpg.

The fuel economy noticeably picked up after the first 500 miles and i would struggle to get below 40mpg on any trip.

I hope this helps a little,

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It's always marginally worse on an engine by engine basis. DSGS aren't like traditional auto, you loose about 3 MPG. Tiguan has more engine choices with and without DSG so you can study them to give an idea across the same engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Outlander, yep manual gearbox.

The mpg is based on the trip computer and not any manual calcs

If it helps I get to about 500 miles before I need to fill up again

·
Registered
45 Posts
1.4 TSI 2WD. Get about 41mpg on my usual 24 mile run through towns (stop/start), dual carriageways and B-roads. Get about 44mpg on a 150 mile motorway run where I "keep up", shall we say.

Averaging just over 41 over 2000 miles. All according to trip computer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all your replies. I had a 2.0TDI 190 loan for the weekend, did 469 miles and got just under 40mpg. Car Ok, perhaps 7.5/10, I did not find the seats very comfortable, and as a demo car I am surprised it was on the 19" "hard" wheels, overall I was not convinced and may now try a Tiquan 150 4Motion DSG, pity Seat don't do that version, or perhaps another Outlander PHEV, (40K miles and an average of 55mpg)

Thanks once again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.