Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.... Ordered 1.4tsi xcellence manual in Rodium Grey 2weeks tomorrow, haven't been able to get a build date yet, but understand poss too early...... well.....looking at reviews on the MPG for this model, is there anyone out there who has TRUE !!! mileage as concerning that maybe only get around 39mpg which to be honest would poss change for the 1.6d in SE tech, understand the diff in spec etc . Any help, advice would be greatly appreciate. Note that we all drive differently but must be a ball park true figure somewhere out there.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm only currently getting 37.3 mpg after doing 1000 miles but others are getting up to 46 by never revving over 3000rpm

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
My Leon with the same engine (not ACT) has given me 38mpg over the last three years. Driving on restricted roads, it can go as high as 50mpg.

I would expect the Ateca to be about the same as although it is bigger and heavier, it has the advantage of ACT.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bambi - herewith my response on the other mpg thread/poll that Kindness set up:

Now done about 900 miles and the average since new is creeping up slowly. Most of my runs are fairly short distances, typically 10 to 15 miles, some local residential roads and a burst of dual carriageway in between, giving me around 37-38 mpg. I've found that a longer run at reasonable speed but not going much over 60 mph, I can get in excess of 40- 43 mpg, but today, on a drive from Barnet to Hertford including a 65- 70 mph 6-mile stint on the M25 (which wasnt in car-park mode for once) I got up to an average of 46 mpg which I was a bit chuffed with since I got 47 mpg on my diesel Leon. Hoping I'll be able to teach the car (and my right foot) to be more economical as I gradually increase revs and the engine runs in. Well I can hope can't I? Have been in ECO mode to date, and have still been able to leave a few rivals behind at the lights - helped by the auto-hold handbrake maybe? Trying hard to suppress my crusty-racer tendencies...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi members of the Ateca Forum, many thanks for replies to my recent post concerning MPG on a manual 1.4tsi. Have noted all your comments and have came to our final desicion , this was made on 2 major points 1.. was the delivery time of the 1.4tsi which we were quoted mid June and then 2.... of course the difference between petrol and diesel. We have decided to forgo the wonderful leather, heated seats and all singing dancing Xcellence spec for the 1.6 SE technology which we can have in the next 10days in the original colour we chose which is Rodium Grey. We are quite happy tonight at the reality of our new car. Really appreciate your comments, this is a wonderful forum. Looking forward to showing you our new motor in the near future. Kindest regards. Bambi X

·
Registered
220 Posts
Congrats Bambi on your choice of ateca, your going to love her. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts