Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any have the mud flaps fitted with a piccy? And would you recommend now you have them?

Also I read on here a rumour that excellence spec came with the interior carpet mats? Can any one confirm or deny as don't want to order a set if it will come with them. Does any one have any suggestions other than the originals? Photos always appreciated (can't get enough lol).

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am not sure what is fitted as standard, but when I placed my order a couple of weeks ago, I made it clear that I expected my new car to come with a full tank of petrol, and also a set of interior carpet mats fitted, to which my dealer agreed!

It will be interesting to hear what others have to say though! :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bought the protection pack:
Front and rear mudflaps
Rubber Mats inside
And a rubber boot tray.

The car did come standard with carpet Mats which are still in their original wrapper in my loft now. The Rubber mats are great though as i get outdoors a lot i wanted rubber mats so i could wipe them clean when i cleaned the car rather than scrub carpet mats with the hoover to get all the dirt off. Its a great extra but i do believe the carpet mats come as standard on all Seats now (i may be wrong but its what my dealer told me).

Mud flaps are hardly noticeable (see picture) i wanted them to protect against stones being flung up at the car. So far so good.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I should of negotiated harder but I got (in my opinion) a really good discount so wasn't thinking of trying to get some freebies too

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The carpet mats come standard on the Ateca, not sure about other Seats. I bashed mine out on a concrete bollard at the weekend... that worked :).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brilliant news, thanks all. Thanks for the photo Dunn, I forgot about stone chips, was just thinking they're useful for reducing about of dirt up the side of the car.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hmm... if they are a standard item, then I can see that I will have to get my dealer to throw in something else as a little "sweetener"!

Some sort of a boot liner would be quite nice I think! ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi, I drive around on country lanes so paid for protection pack on initial visit to dealer. Rubber mats great and bootliner saves the carpet. Mudflaps were not fitted on collection day, dealer had fitted the chrome effect sill protectors which, to be honest, don't do much and I think are a cosmetic accessory. Dealer said that at the time the mudflaps were on " back order". Returned to dealer after checking accessory prices on line and they fitted set of mudflaps no qubble. They do keep a fair amount of dirty road spray off car sides.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Looking at the state of my car I think I need some putting on to try help

I have mud up to the bottom of my windows

The harvesting rigs have been coming out the fields onto the roads and trailing mud grrrr

Was embarrassing picking my dad up on it yesterday. I'd had it washed last weekend and it was already filthy

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
They just put enough fuel in them at the factory to move them about. The mileage was about 8 miles or so and I could do 60 miles on what was in the tank. I decided I didn't want to do a right turn into trafic, left for you, in a new car before I had mastered the controls on filling up so drove straight home and filled up the next day. The Brits have got something about scrounging a full tank of fuel off the dealer when getting their new car from a garage, given it only costs £60 against the price of the car however you fund it, it's a bit silly. If you were driving several hundred miles to get it from a dealer it's a nice thing to do, but down in suburbia do it yourself :).... part of the fun getting a new car is driving it the most empty it will ever be in its life. I think so, anyhow. The carpets mats are free.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Our dealers 'don't believe in' giving customers a car with naff-all fuel in, so we had a 45 mile range when we got in ours, also with 8 miles delivery/dealer check mileage. We drive past a few filling stations on the way home but it was nice to be able to just drive it and not think about fuelling until later.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anybody have a picture of the boot mat that is included with the protection pack please? For me to see it, as I'll be putting a pram in the boot and don't want to put dirty wheels everywhere!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'd phone customers services up, they are probably fibbing. No big deal to wait till pick up day.

Basically Ateca mats are the same fit as Leon mats and Leon mats are the same fit as Golf Mk7 mats so no shortage of choice :). A few people around here have more mats than they want.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
These are the mats supplied with the car - no charge.

·
Registered
931 Posts
GsyKar said:
I recently purchased an Ateca Xcellence and was told by the salesman that Seat don't supply mats anymore.
'
Makes no difference if he's right or wrong because if a salesman told me that, I'd insist he include mats free of charge or I'd offer my business to another SEAT dealer.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Fred99 said:
These are the mats supplied with the car - no charge.

Interesting they don't look like my free mats. You got a foot piece to stop wear, mine is just plain carpet there.

Maybe LHD / RHD they never made any RHD that say Ateca. Anybody with an RHD got these mats complete with the car's name ?.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.