Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked mine up from the dealer. It's not great conditions for good photos but it was just right for the mud flaps. I struggled with the brochure images as the colours were too similar.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
They do look rather smart, don't they... especially the front ones!

Now you have got me tempted! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Still got front & rears in their boxes to fit, along with body accessories!

Really need to get my finger out and fit them :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Very nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
The accessories brochure says £79 per pair for mud flaps - does that mean £158 for all four (front and back) ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
stan321 said:
The accessories brochure says £79 per pair for mud flaps - does that mean £158 for all four (front and back) ?
Sure does! Might work out a bit cheaper overall to buy the dealer fit Protection Pack which also includes rubber floor mats and boot mat...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Very smart. On my short list of must-have accessories: Others are the foglamp surrounds and the big lower grille.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Can highly recommend the mud flaps - especially if you regularly use rural roads. I have to drive it through a farm every day so it gets very grubby but the mud flaps have definitely reduced the amount of mud going up the doors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Goodbye Golf said:
Can highly recommend the mud flaps - especially if you regularly use rural roads. I have to drive it through a farm every day so it gets very grubby but the mud flaps have definitely reduced the amount of mud going up the doors.
Something I must do :)
I currently have mud up to my windows !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Saggy said:
Goodbye Golf said:
Can highly recommend the mud flaps - especially if you regularly use rural roads. I have to drive it through a farm every day so it gets very grubby but the mud flaps have definitely reduced the amount of mud going up the doors.
Something I must do :)
I currently have mud up to my windows !
:eek: :eek: Are you driving in it, or ploughing fields with it? :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Hi,

My first post here. :)
I need some first hand experience with the mudflaps. I bought front and rear flaps and now I'm having second thoughts. First, from the instructions I think mounting them requires some drilling into the car body. That scares me as the first thing that cross my mind is the corrosion! Can anybody confirm if the drilling is definitely required?
Also, from the photos I realized the flaps can potentially scrape the ground when going over some bumps and obstacles. They don't look very flexible to me and I wonder whether they would bend or break (and potentially damage those screws in the car body!) . Any experience with that?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
I can't common in detail on the drilling as mine were pre-ordered and fitted prior to delivery. But it definitely looks like some drilling is required although i would suggest, done properly, the corrosion risk must be minimal. Yes they are pretty rigid, but I would say that there's little risk of damage from bumps/obstacles etc - certainly not experienced anything like that myself. They're a very neat finish, give some added protection and look really good on the car - so I would definitely recommend getting them fitted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
The drilling is only into plastic, I fitted mine myself without removing wheels aswell so not too difficult, you will need to get adhesion promoter for sticking to plastic though as this isn't included.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Thanks for the fitting clarifications. I definitely wanted to avoid drilling into the metal and it's good to know it can be done.
It would be still good to hear if they hold in place after they've been hit or pulled by any sort off light off road drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I'll be living somewhat rurally next year so these might be a good idea. Do you have to buy them from the dealer, though? Can't help but think I'll probably be paying over the odds for them. Also did you fit them yourself?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
If any one is interested, these are the instructions for fitting the Mudflaps.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Got mine from a dealer through eBay...just over £100 for the full set
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
NeoVector said:
The drilling is only into plastic, I fitted mine myself without removing wheels aswell so not too difficult, you will need to get adhesion promoter for sticking to plastic though as this isn't included.
Which adhesion promoter did you use?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Sorry for late reply, I don't come on often enough!

I used the 3M adhesion promoter (ebay about £5) - 10ml will be ample, make sure it has a brush included.

I'm sure there are other brands but 3M is trusted and well known and after 9 months, my mudflaps and side trims are still stuck strongly.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top