1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice pics DJ, car looks great it's a great colour choice, have fun :cool:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Gefeliciteerd !! ( I hope that's right? )

Which country did you collect your car from? Dutch plate, left-hand drive yet dealership signage in English.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You said it correctly :)

It's a Dutch car. The Dutch are fond of the english language. For advertisement purposes english sounds way better than Dutch.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Very nice indeed :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Nice :D :D :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You got a gift bow as well.... I never got that. Very nice.

(BTW I want to know where Jazz op Vier is these days, somewhere along the lines it vanished, some of my best concerts I recorded from there)

·
Registered
931 Posts
DJ41 said:
You said it correctly :)

It's a Dutch car. The Dutch are fond of the english language. For advertisement purposes english sounds way better than Dutch.
I'm always in awe at many mainland European countries, especially the Dutch, at their use of English language. I always thought it was because of kids growing up listening to English music but didn't realise that even signage is in English.

The most popular German word over here in the UK is 'vorsprung durch technik' just because Audi have used it in advertising for the past 40 years. Nobody knows what it means tho, it just sounds good :lol:

Enjoy your car.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm hoping where DJ41 is going to tell me where Dutch radio put their Jazz concerts these days. They are also into Nordic Jazz and American folk type of Jazz. I had a Dutch viewing card supplied to me which was handy, then they went into the clear and then changed their output. They have a weird broadcasting setup where the stations are all "NED" but the production is handled by a set of different companies, about four or so which offer their product to the channels, radio and TV. Makes it tricky pinning things down when the schedules are in Dutch. Think it's on Radio 6 but perhaps they abandoned their old show on four. I was on their mailing list but that stopped :). Never mind the Ateca I need the Dutch quality broadcasting output.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Don't wish to seem pedantic but, vorsprung durch technik is actually a phrase not a word. :lol: It means advancement through technology. The most popular German word in the UK is schadenfreude, which we don't have a word for. But a word I love! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tell said:
I'm hoping where DJ41 is going to tell me where Dutch radio put their Jazz concerts these days. They are also into Nordic Jazz and American folk type of Jazz. I had a Dutch viewing card supplied to me which was handy, then they went into the clear and then changed their output. They have a weird broadcasting setup where the stations are all "NED" but the production is handled by a set of different companies, about four or so which offer their product to the channels, radio and TV. Makes it tricky pinning things down when the schedules are in Dutch. Think it's on Radio 6 but perhaps they abandoned their old show on four. I was on their mailing list but that stopped :). Never mind the Ateca I need the Dutch quality broadcasting output.
I don't listen to Jazz, or the radio stations you mentioned. I am not able to help you in that department, i'm afraid.

Regarding the phrase: "vorsprung durch technik ". Isn't the translation more like "Head start through technology" ?
"Vorsprung" in German is the same word as "Voorsprong" in Dutch. That word means a head start in English.

·
Registered
338 Posts
it was the literal translation of the phrase. Translation of each individual word could lead to a phrase that wouldn't make sense. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am experiencing three abnormalities on my Ateca. I emailed the dealer about this.

1. The Stop/Start system cannot be permanently disabled. I have to push the button manualy every time.
2. My mirrors are set in the menu to fold in automatically, when I am parked. Doesn't work.
3. When I close my trunk, I hear a rattling sound. Like my exhaust is loose.

No biggies, but the rattling sound is something I will need to go back for. That sucks.

Otherwise: Fantastic car! Extremely happy with it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
DJ41 said:
I am experiencing three abnormalities on my Ateca. I emailed the dealer about this.

1. The Stop/Start system cannot be permanently disabled. I have to push the button manualy every time.
2. My mirrors are set in the menu to fold in automatically, when I am parked. Doesn't work.
3. When I close my trunk, I hear a rattling sound. Like my exhaust is loose.

No biggies, but the rattling sound is something I will need to go back for. That sucks.

Otherwise: Fantastic car! Extremely happy with it.
On number 2 are you pressing the door handle or the keyfob lock button more than a few seconds to lock and also fold the mirrors? As far as I know this is all that is enabled when "fold in automatically, when I am parked" is enabled. It doesnt do it with a short press on these.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Ref #1 - that is normal behaviour. It resets after you turn off the ignition. There is a long thread about.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
1 & 2 can be done with VCDS coding or Vagcom coding as I've been calling it. There is a YouTube video of someone demonstrating the closing with it on an Ateca. The thing with enabling 2 is the mirrors would be folding in and out every time you opened the door. I can see on busy roads you might want it. As set up, you get the option.

Thank for looking at Jazz op Vier .... I'll have to get my Dutch skills back up again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts