Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, can anyone advise on the issue I have just started to experience?

I have the keyless entry system and recently the car has locked itself when I get out and close the driver's door. I haven't caught the key in any way. When I try to open it by touching the door handle, this doesn't work. Instead having to use the key to open it. Yesterday, I got out of the car to unload the boot and the car locked itself again, this time with the keys still in the car. I was 70 miles from home so I would have been stuck if not for the fact that my son was still in the car and was able to unlock from the inside.

Previously to this issue, I was also getting a problem already mentioned on the forum when the locking system seems to activate EVERY TIME I increase speed past 9 ish miles per hour ( seems to activate the locks twice each time), even though the car locked on the first instance. For this, I switched off the 'auto locking while driving' then activated it again which seemed to clear the issue.

The fact that the car is now locking itself after I get out and close the driver door is concerning.

Has anyone had the same issue? If so, any resolution tips?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have the keyless entry system and recently the car has locked itself when I get out and close the driver's door. I haven't caught the key in any way. When I try to open it by touching the door handle, this doesn't work. Instead having to use the key to open it. Yesterday, I got out of the car to unload the boot and the car locked itself again, this time with the keys still in the car. I was 70 miles from home so I would have been stuck if not for the fact that my son was still in the car and was able to unlock from the inside.

Previously to this issue, I was also getting a problem already mentioned on the forum when the locking system seems to activate EVERY TIME I increase speed past 9 ish miles per hour ( seems to activate the locks twice each time), even though the car locked on the first instance. For this, I switched off the 'auto locking while driving' then activated it again which seemed to clear the issue.

The fact that the car is now locking itself after I get out and close the driver door is concerning.

Thanks
We are having the same issue with a 19 plate Ateca, if I get out of the car it locks and it did this once with our son inside luckily he could press the button to unlock. We always keep the key on us now when get out. Has anyone had this and resolved it ?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks
I find this whole situation very frustrating. Have tried some or all of the suggestions but none work long-term. I want to disable auto locking but how?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I’m not sure you can (as in auto-lock above 15kph), it’s a safety feature to ensure the doors don't open in the event of an accident.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts