Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Belluszyra said:
Very smart. Is that an Alfa next to it?
Unfortunately not, it's a Peugeot 208 :lol: ! I was only saying to Nicki ( the misses) yesterday that I've only ever owned 2 cars in my life that I really actually wanted and that weren't due to circumstances. The Ateca and I had a new Alfa 156 back in 2002 which I loved. I did once own a Lotus excel which was an old dog and a couple of mk1 MX5's which were rust buckets!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Me too. This will be only the second car I really wanted. The other was a Alfa 164.
When I first sat in the Ateca it felt special like the Alfa. Hopefully it wont have the
same electrical problems.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol: I wonder how many of the rest of us have hankered over an Alfa in the past? I have to say that mine behaved impeccably during the short 18 months of ownership, then I had to sell it because Nicki wouldn't drive it! We swapped it for a Vauxhall Zafira! :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Swapped our Alfa for a Fiat Multipla due to impending 4th child. Sad day (losing Alfa not gaining child no 4)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
What's happened to the pigs tail antenna? Did you replace it with a shark's fin?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'd better check to see whether my aerial is on when I take delivery. Probably a bit like those Sampsonite bag labels that go missing in airports...

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I had a look at one on a new car the other day. It just unscrews to remove it (for car washes etc). The one on the Mk1 Leon unscrewed a few turns and then folded flat. I tend to keep my car under a decent cover all the time to keep the Spanish sun off it. I have a large garage, but it is on the lower level so a rarely bother to use it. Having an antenna will interfere with the cover so I will probably replace it with a shark's fin.

I don't know why they bothered. It's only for the radio and screen antennas work fine. The GPS antenna is in the boot (according to the schematic diagrams someone posted recently). I can't find that link - can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I did post it up, not someone.... not in the boot on the roof for heated windscreen, under dash otherwise.

I think those Russians have been moving the link about, it works via a Google but not via the previous link although that looks right. It's the first link

https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=pps_seat_163_seat_ateca_eng&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=d5wVWJ7sMdOQ8QfS2ZTABQ

It's a technical self training manual for VW dealers that includes Seat. They probably get self development browny points although it's wrong on the no AdBlue for the 2WD TDI150. The satnav aerial is in the roof antennae so not good to mess about with the aerial if you have a heated windscreen which you won't of course in Spain if not compatible.

I know Seat boys like to swap out their antennas for shark fins but I did read a long peace about non matched aerials, it may look good good, for radio reception not, for satnav no signal. May be there are shark fins out there that do match the connections but clearly you need to have the GPS connected if you have the heated windscreen.

Page 50 of said manual

AERIALS
The R11 roof aerial has up to 4 amplifiers on its base:
/ Phone.
/ DAB
/ AM/FM1.
/ GPS (if the windscreen is heated). Otherwise, the
GPS aerial is located on the dash panel.
The FM2 aerial Amplifier and the two frequency
modulation filters, FM R178(-) and R179(+), are
connected to the rear window.
So the key is a sharks fin that is R11 compatible.

Think the R11 is an old standard look at the first link on another SSP342, scan for R11 in the manual.

https://www.google.co.jp/search?sclient=tablet-gws&client=firefox-b&q=r11+vw+aerial+gps&oq=r11+vw+aerial+gps&gs_l=tablet-gws.12...0.0.0.169634.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.tablet-gws..0.0.0.06d-CuNV0L8

So you would think the Chinease have been knocking them up.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Tell said:
I did post it up, not someone.... not in the boot on the roof for heated windscreen, under dash otherwise.

I think those Russians have been moving the link about, it works via a Google but not via the previous link although that looks right. It's the first link

https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=pps_seat_163_seat_ateca_eng&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=d5wVWJ7sMdOQ8QfS2ZTABQ

It's a technical self training manual for VW dealers that includes Seat. They probably get self development browny points although it's wrong on the no AdBlue for the 2WD TDI150. The satnav aerial is in the roof antennae so not good to mess about with the aerial if you have a heated windscreen which you won't of course in Spain if not compatible.

I know Seat boys like to swap out their antennas for shark fins but I did read a long piece about non matched aerials, it may look good, for radio reception not so good, for satnav no signal. May be there are shark fins out there that do match the connections but clearly you need to have the GPS connected if you have the heated windscreen where it uses an aerial mounted in the rear roof with the others:

Page 50 of said manual

AERIALS
The R11 roof aerial has up to 4 amplifiers on its base:
/ Phone.
/ DAB
/ AM/FM1.
/ GPS (if the windscreen is heated). Otherwise, the
GPS aerial is located on the dash panel.
The FM2 aerial Amplifier and the two frequency
modulation filters, FM R178(-) and R179(+), are
connected to the rear window.
So the key is a sharks fin that is R11 compatible.

Think the R11 is an old standard look at the first link on another SSP342, scan for R11 in the manual.

https://www.google.co.jp/search?sclient=tablet-gws&client=firefox-b&q=r11+vw+aerial+gps&oq=r11+vw+aerial+gps&gs_l=tablet-gws.12...0.0.0.169634.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.tablet-gws..0.0.0.06d-CuNV0L8

So you would think the Chinease have been knocking them up for a bit.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Well it is 8pm here and I've walked 8 miles in rugged Japanese mountain hill's at 3,500 ft, drunk 1/2 350 mls of Sake rice wine, had a big dinner and it's coming up to bedtime. Snapped this as proof, it's an Onsen hotel, hence the robes, I refuse to wear them, westerners look stupid in them.

Shark fin wasn't on the menu... sorry about the double post.

On subject, no to fit a shark fin you rip out the internal fabric around the aerial to bolt another one on. Far too much hassle just to look cool and I suspect the original works better. Will check my car comes with the aerial screwed in.

& no I'm not turning the picture in the field to get it the correct way up. Get the idea of people in their Jim jams. Essentially if you are Japanese you have a communal bath, have a big dinner, get drunk, may be have another bath, then sleep on a tatami mat on the floor, don't do this, insist on a western bed. Those are robes on a wall display, if you don't like the standard issue one you can hire out a different one.

There are big hybrid SUVS about, pitty VW hasn't mastered the technology yet. One was a Nissan looking Qashqai looking but wasn't labelled as such. I might have to note down a few model names. The guy ran out and locked it up quick as I started to head towards it, think it was recharging.

http://www.nissan.co.jp/CARLINEUP/

The more outrageous colour which would suite the Ateca is a pearly pink that I saw on a Nissan Paso. Many Japanese cars are decorated with girly toys and men carry their girl friends handbags, so it gets a bit tricky to work out the potential sex of a car's owner let alone the sex of the car. J Pop and Manga rules.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I know I moan about people posting upside down pictures. I know how they do it now by posting up direct rather than photo bucket or whatever and the spirit level top / bottom which one is reliant on not working via that method. Back home to a new car soon so something to look forward too. So no more upside down pictures from me as I sit listening to slurping and chop stick clicking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just ordered a 1.4EcoTSI Xcellence in Mato Brown, i'm glad I spotted these pics as the online configurator doesn't do it justice!

PS: also a previous Alfa Owner who's 147 is dearly missed 😂

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.